Miracast / Screen Mirroring Not Working

TeyTers

Members
Jun 10, 2016
Hey guys. I was wondering if I am experiencing a bug using miracast to my SONY BRAVIA TV, or if its just a firmware issue. I havent tried to make this work since day 1. so far, Ive tried to make it work using:

MIUI 7 - 7.5.6.0 stable
and
MIUI 8 - 6.7.14 beta

Can anyone confirm or share their experience with miracast using MI5?
I am not sure if the problem is the firmware version, firmware itself(xiaomi.eu), or the Sony TV. Havent tried to test it in a different tv brand cause I dont have the chance.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I was wondering if I am experiencing a bug using miracast to my SONY BRAVIA TV, or if its just a firmware issue. I havent tried to make this work since day 1. so far, Ive tried to make it work using:

MIUI 7 - 7.5.6.0 stable
and
MIUI 8 - 6.7.14 beta

Can anyone confirm or share their experience with miracast using MI5?
I am not sure if the problem is the firmware version, firmware itself(xiaomi.eu), or the Sony TV. Havent tried to test it in a different tv brand cause I dont have the chance.
Try on official roms. I can't test it as I do not have a miracast dongle. With chromecast it works just fine.

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Try on official roms. I can't test it as I do not have a miracast dongle. With chromecast it works just fine.

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Do we need a miracast dongle to make it work? Because previously, I had a Sony Xperia Z5, and it doesn't need a dongle to make it work. But I might take your advise on using Official MIUI once v8 is release this August. Thanks.

I hope someone can share their experience with MI5 screen-mirroring / miracast.

screen mirroring is working perfect on a samsung tv. is connecting immediately and showing my screen on tv. the problem is probably on sonys side.

Same, screen mirroring doesn't work on my Philips smart TV. I've tried to use a redmi note 2 and it's work perfectly.

Screen mirroring is not working with my Sony amplifier. I have the sound, but not the picture.
Amplifier works perfectly with Samsung Galaxy S5

Im still on MIUI 8 - 6.7.14 beta, and just tested it in our office Sony Bravia TV. guess what.... it worked without any complications.

Gees, I wonder whats wrong with my Sony TV at home.

same Problem with my MI5, trying screen mirroring in my Hisense SmartTV, without success.
All the others Xiaomi Phones works perfect. (Tested with Redmi 3, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 2, Redmi 2)
Only with My two Mi5 dont work. (I´ve tested 2 different Roms) Official and Xiaomi.eu (20-01-2017)
I´ve tried everything and nothing seems to work.

same Problem with my MI5, trying screen mirroring in my Hisense SmartTV, without success.
All the others Xiaomi Phones works perfect. (Tested with Redmi 3, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 2, Redmi 2)
Only with My two Mi5 dont work. (I´ve tested 2 different Roms) Official and Xiaomi.eu (20-01-2017)
I´ve tried everything and nothing seems to work.
Hmm, that makes me dissapointed even more by knowing that it is working ok with other xiaomi phones except for a flagship MI5. So something is really oddly wrong with it.

Well, I just remembered my old queation before purchasing Mi5. Could it be because we've unlocked the bootloader? Ive raised this question because I had Sony phones before, and when you unlocked their bootloader, you'll surrendering sone Sony functionality like Bravia, Photo Quality degredation and Screen mirrorng to name a few. Ofcourse there is a work around with them if someone will argue. But my point is, this functuonality will be remove when u unlock a Sony phones bootloader. And MAYBE, that is whats wrong with MI5 after unlocming he bootloader.

I hope some devs knowledgable about this read our concern, and perhaps make some possible resolution.

I use a lot watching movies from phone to TV with mibox2. And now after upgrading to Android 7 it is wery unstabile. somtimes Can not conect at all. Have to reboot phone .

Same here. I have a Sony Bravia 808c with Chromecast integrated on Android TV. Home App and screen mirroring/wireless display doesn't work. Mi5s with lastest Global 8.0.3.0 MIUI 8. Es Explorer and its Es Chromecast Player Works fine. Also YouTube throught Home App. Hope fix on next Global that comes in few days!!

Still loosing conection in latest rom where it says its fixed.
Developers, when You fix problems is it fixed in rom or in apk.?
Because i have faworit rom with bug. Will it solve my problem replacing apk from rom where problem is fixed?

actually on MIUI 8.2.3.0...6.0

Turn on TV...
Activate wifi on Mix...
Select Wireless screen.... detect my TV...
Open my TV ans select screen share feature (LG)
Open feature to listen device...

Wait 1 minute....

Boum... my screen on TV...

Then is not an issue related to ROM... in my case...