MITV 2

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Sero_t, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Sero_t

Sero_tMembers

Jul 6, 2014
    Male
    Hi people, i did a little bit of research and i saw a thread somewhere and they said that the mitv 2 has not really a 4k pannel, it is just accepting 4k content to let you think it is 4k, but the tv is just only a 1080HD tv and not a 4K. Is there anybody who can confirm this or say it is totally crap. And can someone tell me what kind of framrate and HZ the tv has and give us a complete specification list, because i can't find it anywhere. Sincerely a new xiaomi fan

2. i think it's pretty clear : http://www.mi.com/en/mitv#fullspecs the display is 1920*1080, so full HD and not UHD

3. Sero_t

Sero_tMembers

Jul 6, 2014
    Male
    No that is the mitv 1, the one i am talking about is the mitv 2 it is not on there official site

4. you are right, my mistake. the chinese website http://www.mi.com/mitv#params states 4k uhd panel 3840 x 2160 and 4000 yuans, for the tv, the subwoofer and the soundbar, it's less than 500€... pretty impressive deal...

5. Sero_t

Sero_tMembers

Jul 6, 2014
    Male
    Yes, but what is the framrate en HZ of the screen and is it a reaal uhd because some say it is fake

6. hongkongkiwi

Jun 26, 2014
    Male
    Hong Kong
    I have a MiTV 2 and I believe it's fake but I'm not sure how to confirm this?

When using XBMC I cannot choose this resolution:
    3840 x 2160. It's locked at 1920×1080 in the settings. This could just be XBMC....?

Furthermore I find that when playing video's in XBMC using libstagefright accelerated, it's jerky using a 1080p 3D video 8gb video :-(

I think they really hyped up the features too much unless I'm missing something.

Sero_t likes this.
  7. ingbrzy

ingbrzyXiaomi.eu Multilang leader
    Staff Member

if you get official OTA update, then its not a fake... :)

8. hongkongkiwi

Jun 26, 2014
    Male
    Hong Kong
    I am using official firmware with XBMC, XBMC remains locked to that resolution.

I will test with a 4K movie on native player this evening (not XBMC) to see if it can run correctly.

9. Sero_t

Sero_tMembers

Jul 6, 2014
    Male
    #9Sero_t,Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    Yes but someone said on a other website that he has this tv to, and he said the tv is accepting 4k content, but it is not showing in 4K. So maybe the software is saying: yes 4K blablabla! But in reallife it shows in 1080p. But maybe you have to search in the chinees UI for screen settings, maybe the tv is set on 1080p? Or if someone has the possibility to test, get a 4k movie, set up to tvs one you know is definitely 4k and the other tv would be Mitv 2 and play on both tv the 4k movie and look how much they are different. And upload a pic for us maybe if this is possible for someone to do?

10. CK Ng

CK NgMembers

Jun 23, 2014
    Male
  11. jenicekk

jenicekkMembers

Jul 15, 2011
    After the update to 1.1.25 "adb" item from security settings disappeared.

Share Our Site