MIUI 10.0/10.1/10.2/10.3/10.4 STABLE RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one little request.
Is it possible to add an option for full screen display while playing games ? It is so annoying seeing that cutoff notch not even rounded corners ...

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Hi dev, I have managed to download this and installed to my Mipad 4 8" wifi version.
Thank you for your work.

Just a quick review

- Very quick and snappy performance
- Gallery works and opened without issue (Used the latest update)
- Battery life is great. Manged to get more than 6 hours screen on time with juice left to spare
- Yes, it comes with google play and extensions.
- Did not encounter any Forced Closed on any of the preinstalled apps

Enquires on 5.0ghz wifi
Previously i can see and connect to my home wifi both on the 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz with the original china rom,
Now it doesnt see my 5.0ghz network anymore, only 2.4ghz.
My other device pocophone can detect and connect to this same 5.0ghz without issue.
Any advise?

Reactions: djgholum
Please, WHY have you decided UE ROM isn't supporting encryption? I really want to use this ROM but I can't set my /data/data and /sdcard accessible to all...

We don't decide which camera options you get. It's up to Xiaomi.

Hi dev, I have managed to download this and installed to my Mipad 4 8" wifi version.
Thank you for your work.

Just a quick review

- Battery life is great. Manged to get more than 6 hours screen on time with juice left to spare

Enquires on 5.0ghz wifi
Previously i can see and connect to my home wifi both on the 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz with the original china rom,
My other device pocophone can detect and connect to this same 5.0ghz without issue.
Any advise?
You can't compare a Wi-Fi-only device to a SIM-equipped device... it makes a difference when it comes to Wi-Fi regulations.
What is your region of residence and which display language are you using?

Please, WHY have you decided UE ROM isn't supporting encryption? I really want to use this ROM but I can't set my /data/data and /sdcard accessible to all...
Wasn't my decision, I'm sure there are reason for this, like problems occurring from inaccessibility of data partition to TWRP.
Seriously, if it bothers you that much, use some other ROM.

Reactions: sangie
Hi,
Mi Max 2, rom 10.2.1.0 stable, language IT
Problem with Mi Browser ver. 10.2.11
As soon as I open Mi Browser I have the written in Chinese (on attach).
Is it possible to solve?
Thanks

Attachments

• Browserpng_Mi_Max2.jpg
    Browserpng_Mi_Max2.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 455
Yes, I'm using MIUI Global Devs ROM due to that,
But I find it amazing that neither the developers themselves know the reason...
especially when your ROM is based on other that allows encryption.

NOTE: TWRP works perfect with encrypted phones, even with MIUI Global Dev.

Seriously, if it bothers you that much, use some other ROM.

Reactions: sangie
Yes, I'm using MIUI Global Devs ROM due to that,
But I find it amazing that neither the developers themselves know the reason...
especially when your ROM is based on other that allows encryption.

NOTE: TWRP works perfect with encrypted phones, even with MIUI Global Dev.
Why are you comparing a custom ROM with official ROMs? They are far from being comparable.

Reactions: twobit
Really UE ROM is a custom ROM? or a patched ROM?
You are compiling from sources or decompiling, applying your patches then recompiling again?
Is not the same...
In any case, I'm not comparing anything. I'm only asking to know, if possible, why you have decided to do not support encription.

Why are you comparing a custom ROM with official ROMs? They are far from being comparable.

Really UE ROM is a custom ROM? or a patched ROM?
You are compiling from sources or decompiling, applying your patches then recompiling again?
Is not the same...
In any case, I'm not comparing anything. I'm only asking to know, if possible, why you have decided to do not support encription.
Xiaomi.eu is a custom ROM. Never heard of the term "patched ROM". You don't have to recompile from sources to be a custom ROM. The method has nothing to do with it.
We're decompiling, applying our patches and then recompiling. We don't have sources. No one besides Xiaomi has full sources.

Reactions: quasmin and twobit
I have a problem. I have already installed miui.eu, both stable and beta, and I can not register the fingerprint. The handset is a redmi 5 (rosy). Any solution, please ??

same here...

'm going to install version 10.1 here to see if this issue is resolved. I'll come back later to give you the answer. if it does not solve, this is a detail they could take a look at to try to solve ...

Enquires on 5.0ghz wifi
Any advise?

I would suggest you check which bands your router can be set to use, and choose one that all your devices can see.

Install an app like Wifi analyzer to se what is going on.

5GHz wifi has been interfering with European weather radar, that is why there are new regulations.
Different companies have been implementing these new restrictions in different ways, often (Huawei!) causing unnecessary problems.
You have to find workarounds yourself.

I would suggest you check which bands your router can be set to use, and choose one that all your devices can see.

Install an app like Wifi analyzer to se what is going on.

5GHz wifi has been interfering with European weather radar, that is why there are new regulations.
Different companies have been implementing these new restrictions in different ways, often (Huawei!) causing unnecessary problems.
You have to find workarounds yourself.

Hi cobben,

Thanks for your reply.
No changes was done to my 5.0 ghz. It is detectable (not hidden). Using a Asus AC87 router.
All my other devices (laptop, tablet, tv, cctv, chromecast, pocophone) can all detect and connected to 5.0ghz. Just not this mipad 4

Will try to find the workaround somewhere

You can't compare a Wi-Fi-only device to a SIM-equipped device... it makes a difference when it comes to Wi-Fi regulations.
What is your region of residence and which display language are you using?

Hi Igor, thank you for the reply.
No intention to compare in anyway. Just only sharing and wondering why the 5.0ghz is not detecting.
I'm in Singapore and using English as display language

Last edited:
Hi there, i very appreciate this ROM. I am very happier than using Global ROM. I just have one question. When I want to upgrade (in the future) to newer version, have to clean the phone or it would be just like update my current ROM (without cleaning)? And at the end, I am really sad that I cannot using Google Pay. Whats wrong? When I was using Global ROM I could use Google Pay too but now, on thus stable EU ROM, I cannot. Is mistake on my side or where?

Hi Igor, thank you for the reply.
No intention to compare in anyway. Just only sharing and wondering why the 5.0ghz is not detecting.
I'm in Singapore and using English as display language

Managed to tinker and read out abit more and came to this conclusion.

This EU rom is not the cause of 5.0ghz is not being able to detect.
Read that many other users also faced the same issue, whether is EU rom or original China rom.
To fix this, I log into my router as a few other users shared, and changed the control channel to be below 100 (I used channel 48)
And it managed to detect and connect as soon as my router rebooted.

Thanks all for the help. Hope I also help out some others who faced the same issue too.

Battery life is great. See attached

Attachments

• 15514529823578947804736942832620.jpg
    15514529823578947804736942832620.jpg
    534.8 KB · Views: 417
  • 15514530093655389516438528338174.jpg
    15514530093655389516438528338174.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 436
Thank you for your work.

Just a quick review

Enquires on 5.0ghz wifi
Any advise?

Hi,
for same device I made the same (stable Rom 10.2) and can confirm all positive points. But I have some other issues:
-some crashes by Google search app
-some crashes by using ilauncher, Nova has no problem.
-can't find search option in setting (setting menu, if I want to find some setting and forgetting where can it be)
-some setting will not stay saved after reboot. For example if I give Nova launcher some permissions, after reboot must do it again. Think it's a bug.

And at the end, I am still confused about updates from now on: will get OTA, or not? If not, how can I be informed, if any updates are there and what about the method (like direct download, updater then (...) Points menu etc).

Please advise and thanks again for your great work.
Bitte um deine Hilfe Herr Moderator

Last edited:
Reactions: Camerado
Hi,
for same device I made the same (stable Rom 10.2) and can confirm all positive points. But I have some other issues:
-some crashes by Google search app
-some crashes by using ilauncher, Nova has no problem.
-can't find search option in setting (setting menu, if I want to find some setting and forgetting where can it be)
-some setting will not stay saved after reboot. For example if I give Nova launcher some permissions, after reboot must do it again. Think it's a bug.

And at the end, I am still confused about updates from now on: will get OTA, or not? If not, how can I be informed, if any updates are there and what about the method (like direct download, updater then (...) Points menu etc).

Please advise and thanks again for your great work.
Bitte um deine Hilfe Herr Moderator

So as I got nothing as answer to my problems, I decided to change to weekly beta Rom 9.1.24. will report.

Status
Not open for further replies.