Miui 10 Launching Soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you were making builds based on private alpha builds for Mi5 when Oreo was in alpha test. So what is the difference now?

Same for Mix1, remember thinking - should I really installed this EU rom, apparently made from a China developer closed alpha?

Not that I am in any hurry for new problems.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: MeiGuddet and Baraa
I hope for big improvements on the camera

The stock miui camera app takes about 80% of the frame size of other third party camera apps, the quality is blurry and smeared when zoomed in, and generally doesnt take good pictures next to third party apps

It doesnt even use the entire sensor to take pics

Reactions: LuisGRM
Here are some sample of stock app vs *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* in horizontal and portrait modes

Easy to spot the difference

I hope for big improvements on the camera

The stock miui camera app takes about 80% of the frame size of other third party camera apps, the quality is blurry and smeared when zoomed in, and generally doesnt take good pictures next to third party apps

It doesnt even use the entire sensor to take pics

Do you mind to explain what you mean by "takes about 80% of the frame size"?

Do you mind to explain what you mean by "takes about 80% of the frame size"?
Sorry for my bad explanation

I meant that the stock mix2 camera app uses about 80% of the sensor in its picture

If the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* takes a pic of 4000x3000 pixels

The mix2 stock app takes a pic of 4000x2250 resolution, giving us a less wider picture

You can see the difference in the picture i posted above for comparison sake

Same phone (mix2) 2 pics taken with stock app
2 pics takes with *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* app

The difference in the picture frame is huge!

Just look at the image borders, you can notice that there is less width in the stock cam app

Sorry for my bad explanation

I meant that the stock mix2 camera app uses about 80% of the sensor in its picture

If the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* takes a pic of 4000x3000 pixels

The mix2 stock app takes a pic of 4000x2250 resolution, giving us a less wider picture

You can see the difference in the picture i posted above for comparison sake

Same phone (mix2) 2 pics taken with stock app
2 pics takes with *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* app

The difference in the picture frame is huge!

Just look at the image borders, you can notice that there is less width in the stock cam app
Bullstuff
Take pictures in 4:3 in both apps and then compare.

i guess i have never checked the settings for the camera
it was 16:9 all along
my bad
no need to be flagrant
Checking app's settings before using it is almost law dude specially for a camera app.
gl next time

It would be cool if miui10 has better optimized kernel for battery life/performance and less to none bloatware, so people can decide for themselves what they want without changing systems like socks in quest for "the most stable one with better SoT" that doesn't require root and 3 to 5 additional apps to keep it tamed.. Is that so complicated? Miui exists for years and employees should know their stuff by now, they just need to build one phone/os they would want to use themselves, and copy/paste it a few million times so we can be carefree for once.
Imo visuals are secondary, functionality should have priority as there are tons of awesome themes to choose between but, again, that's just my opinion and probably noone that has the power to make a difference will read or hear about this.
So here goes nothing, as always, hope is all we've got :p
Cheers!

Today first Public update release in Global Miui 10.
When Xiaomi.eu?

fc53146bf51e6fd9236471248d8503cc.jpg

yes but i think he want to told that global released faster miui 10 than eu ...

It is absurd to make official the release of miui10 to then wait 2 or 3 months for the user to get a decent rom. It would be better to make it official when you have it ready for the user

It is absurd to make official the release of miui10 to then wait 2 or 3 months for the user to get a decent rom. It would be better to make it official when you have it ready for the user

You will never get a job in Marketing.:cool:

I prefer a good ROM, please take the time needed before you release an EU ROM. Good work simply takes time.

It's Global only.. We are based on China ROMs..
Global was also based on China. Did they separate the versions development? If I recall it properly this is the very first time any MIUI has released global beta before China

Yes, maybe it is a sign, that basing on China Rom is no longer a good option. It seems that Xiaomi give more focus on Global Rom to keep their expanse in all world, not only local market. We should really rethink if Global rom isn't now better than China in a few aspects - overall support, less bugged, fits more for EU as we can't use Chinese assistant and few other things.

Reactions: barbuti17
Yes, maybe it is a sign, that basing on China Rom is no longer a good option. It seems that Xiaomi give more focus on Global Rom to keep their expanse in all world, not only local market. We should really rethink if Global rom isn't now better than China in a few aspects - overall support, less bugged, fits more for EU as we can't use Chinese assistant and few other things.
Nothing to do with it : ) its just related to a few marketing ways :)

Reactions: Ted presley
Global was also based on China. Did they separate the versions development? If I recall it properly this is the very first time any MIUI has released global beta before China
Global was never based on China ROM, its always been its own thing.

Reactions: egold70
Status
Not open for further replies.