Invalid [ MIUI 11 9.9.26] [ Mi 5 ] Google Play store terminates suddenly & can't update apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

zutch

Members
Oct 12, 2017
Hello, i recently updated to MIUI11 on my MI5, from MIUI9, everything went smooth except for google play store, it'd just terminate ( not crash) suddenly, and i couldn't update my apps, i tried uninstalled updates and it went back from version 16.8 to 13.x ~ , issue would happen again, i'd get also alert box that the play store is updating but it doesn't update, and i tried clearing app data and cache but the issue is still here....

i submitted a bug report with pictures and videos showing it happen (bug report ID : 503437121 )
i had to use 3rd party store to update my apps, am currently using APKpure's store to update my apps.

please help

Last edited:
Which Google Play Store version exactly are you currently using?

i used the google play store that came with miui11, which is 16.8.xxxxxxxx and when i uninstall updates it downgrades to 13.8.xxxxxxxxx and the issue with happen in both versions.

i honestly couldn't use my phone properly anymore, so i wiped my data/system/cache and flashed RevolutionOS-MIUI and it's been great, play store worked fine, no weird closes, muuuch better battery life. it's unfortunate that i had to drop miui.eu for some fork of miui that worked better. no disrespect to what you guys do, but this has been underwhelming upgrade and i couldn't downgrade to miui.eu 10/9 for somereason.

Last edited:
Looking at the code for Play Store 16.8, it seems something was off with system's Downloads provider. All you had to do was probably to clear app data for both Downloads apps. If you can't be bothered to wait for solutions and help with testing them, please avoid wasting our time, we have enough problems to worry about.

i did clear cache for the app store and google play services and the issue would happen moments after launching the play store again.

that's ok, i made the better choice of moving to revolutionOS, they're more competent devs.

They develop this rom for us for free and in their free time and cant be a little patience so they help you out? Thank god you changed rom, because you should be thanking them for developing, mantaining and helping us with any bug that we find, i couldnt update to the latest update and im not complaining that they didnt fixed it yet.

Reactions: krawzer15
IT IS with the rom because as i previously said, it only happened once i upgraded to miui11 from miui 9, i did a clean wipe after the issue won't go away with clear cache/data, reinstalled miui11 3 times with full wipe, and the issue still happened again every time, but when i flashed the other rom it worked just fine.

so ye i agree, am happy with the switch.

i did clear cache for the app store and google play services and the issue would happen moments after launching the play store again.

that's ok, i made the better choice of moving to revolutionOS, they're more competent devs.
And you are an incompetent reader. I didn't say clearing Google Play Store or Google Play services's cache.
Read again: "All you had to do was probably to clear app data for both Downloads apps."
Either way, none of us ever had that issue, so what the hell did you expect? Us to fix ghosts?

Anyways, have fun with your RevolutionOS ROM. Discussion is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.