MIUI 11 Launcher Alpha not working on brand new Redmi Note 7?

MichaelM

Members
Sep 5, 2019
I just bought my wife a Redmi Note 7 today and she loves everything about it except the lack of app drawer. I had a look around and found a post on Gearbest site with a link to an alpha version of the MIUI 11 launcher. This (allegedly) has the app drawer functionality. The only stipulation is that the device should be Xiaomi branded and running MIUI.

So I downloaded and installed it and according to the instructions I should long press on a blank space on the desktop, select Settings, More. On the resulting screen there should be an option in Chinese, which I select, then option 2. But there is no option in Chinese. I'm not sure if the launcher has installed or just isn't working properly as it is just called System Launcher and there is no option to switch between different launchers..

I really want to get this feature working for her, so if anyone could give me some help her it would really be appreciated.

It would appear the launcher didn't install...what you described is stock MIUI 10 behavior....

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

When I installed it I checked the details of the installed app and it reports as ALPHA-4.10.6.1038-06251834 . So I'm not sure why its misbehaving.

I just bought my wife a Redmi Note 7 today and she loves everything about it except the lack of app drawer. I had a look around and found a post on ******* site with a link to an alpha version of the MIUI 11 launcher. This (allegedly) has the app drawer functionality. The only stipulation is that the device should be Xiaomi branded and running MIUI.

So I downloaded and installed it and according to the instructions I should long press on a blank space on the desktop, select Settings, More. On the resulting screen there should be an option in Chinese, which I select, then option 2. But there is no option in Chinese. I'm not sure if the launcher has installed or just isn't working properly as it is just called System Launcher and there is no option to switch between different launchers..

I really want to get this feature working for her, so if anyone could give me some help her it would really be appreciated.
Download Poco launcher instead.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: iamme729
I finally got it working. I had to uninstall the update, then reinstall it. This time it worked correctly. So now she just has to swipe up for the app drawer. She is extremely happy with it. is there any point in unlocking and rooting it?