MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my Mi 10, which had downloaded the ROM, but I don't know its storage folder. An SD card is not used until now.
Why should I copy it again somewhere?
Go to download folder and btw you can't use sd card on mi 10 , only external storage like OTG ..

so a short update about the situation of 12.2.7 for Mi10
Gpay working no issues anymore no idea why but it is what it is
what i've done as i messed up anyway:
download TWRP TWRP3.4.2.b1206 from the forum
Downloaded 12.2.2 and 12.2.7 from forum as i had notification issues whicha re gone as well now
boot into fastboot
fastboot/adb shell comand: fastboot devices (should be listed if not enter adb devices to start demon)
fastboot boot twrp.img (or whatever you named it. Need to be in same folder as adb)
give it time it should be loaded fast in command but it actualy take like 30sec to boot in twrp

Ignore the steps i did to avoid loosing data. marked with a -
-Delete data etc so it was completly empty
-adb devices
-adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V12.2.2.0.RJBCNXM_v12-11 /sdcard
-wait a very long time do NOTHING it take time to transfer the date
-when done install zip within TWRP
-clear dalvik etc again. also data
-boot system
after booted up i only installed backup from google. NOT XIAOMI!!! very important for xiaomi backup: do NOT, i repeat do NOT restore settings from cloud. only missing apps AFTER google is finishd. Why? because it messed up my energy settings previouse thats why i complete reinstalled everything. had no notifications and i was able to reproduce the issue after the xiaomi backup restore with settings incl. Do as you wish but keep in mind it messed with my energy settings and had no chance to keep apps running in background with a lock and ignore energy setting enabled.

So after system is working or you want to update do the following and no data will be missing as i tryed and others as well:
download the newest firmware to the phone from updater
Disable fingerprint and lockscreen. (i will test it a other time if it works or not to decrypt with a pin. some say it can not decrypt anymore but it worked all versions till now for me)
turn off phone and boot into fastboot
on pc: fastboot devices (if not showing do adb devices and start demon again)
fastboot boot twrp.img (as you named your twrp used previouse)
once booted install zip from internal storage
after flashing just reboot to system do nothing else
patience for the boot as all updates take their time to boot first time afterwards. like 5 minutes or maximum 10 minutes i say
your done.

If a pro want to add something or want to correct me please do it and i will adjust this post accordingly

Edit: important note: if you fail to fastboot boot twrp bc of a error message reenter fastboot on phone by pressing volume down and power at the same time and try to boot twrp again. if still not working repeat it

Edit 2: gpay not worked at first, but as i use revolut i added the card from within revolut to gpay and since then gpay worked also for me other card. Safetynet still fails but that crap can go somewhere else in my opinion

Edit 3: you can use a OTG USB stick to put the firmware on that instead of use the command "push". thank you @m@c|-|oR

Hi, thanks for the steps ... I just want to know if data deletion is necessary, or can I just wipe cache and devilk?

Go to download folder ..
I don't see a folder named "Download" or similar.
My phone shows the options for "Install Zip" - Select File from Internal Storage (0 MB)".
The list contains a lot of options (e.g. "firmware" or "storage"), but I cannot find the ROM Zip.

Hi, thanks for the steps ... I just want to know if data deletion is necessary, or can I just wipe cache and devilk?
Delete data , formating data or wipes for a factory reset is needed if you're going to flash for first time or by changing from stable to dev or opposite and even if you go back to an older version , if you want to update just wipe cache and dalvik ..

Reactions: Ivyn87
Delete data , formating data or wipes for a factory reset is needed if you're going to flash for first time , if you want to update just wioe cache and dalvik ..
Not true if he's coming from the weekly build. It's a different base.

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

That doesn't work, because I don't have full access from my PC to the Internal Storage of the Mi 10.
Maybe I have to use an USB Flash Drive for the ROM transfer.
Can you give me a photo of twrp , Choose Install and give me a photo ..
Or choose the option "storage" and it should be there the "Download" folder..

That doesn't work, because I don't have full access from my PC to the Internal Storage of the Mi 10.
Maybe I have to use an USB Flash Drive for the ROM transfer.
What do you mean in your first sentence? Does your PC see your phone as an external storage unit while it's in recovery?
If you have an OTG USB flash drive - even better, you don't even have to move the ROM to the phone, just select the storage from which you want to flash (OTG).

Please How to safety net pass Mi10 umi 12.2.7
I followed this guide, method 3, my question with answers are there as well (at first try I used Magisk, but I use Microsoft Teams, and I needed to unroot my phone)
Worked on 12.2.2 (umi) and after upgrade to 12.2.7 SafeNet still passes

Can you give me a photo of twrp , Choose Install and give me a photo ..
Here is it:
processed.jpeg

The problem is, that nothing happens, when I choose "Install Zip".

Within the shown list there is only a folder "storage", but nothing in it.
You might have somehow sometime formatted your internal storage, and consequently lost your ROM.zip file.
What you need to do is to either use OTG or move the ROM to your phone on some way.

It is empty.
It is v3.4.2B-1206
Then try to connect your phone to pc as you are now in twrp , if you don't see anything you have to do a format data ..
If you found "sdcard" folder and it's empty then you have to do a format data ..
Nothing else works if data is encrypted ..
Choose , Wipe / Format data / type yes and hit enter ..
Go back to main menu and now choose , Reboot / Recovery ( phone will turn of and will enter twrp again ) ..
Now as you enter again to twrp you can connect your phone to pc and copy EU rom zip at your storage ..
Choose , Install and find the rom zip you copied , choose it and swipe to confirm flash ..
Then choose option / wipe cache and dalvik and swipe to wipe / Reboot system / Done , wait to boot ..

Still, one minor issue - how to setup different notification sounds for messages for two simcards?
Earlier could've done it, now appears to be missing.
Any ideas?
How to set up different notification sounds for messages application for two simcards?

Status
Not open for further replies.