Xiaomi released a new official stable update v18.104.22.168. How is your phone? Is it certified now?
I just tried this, so uninstalled Magisk via TWP, rebooted phone. Installed new update 12.2.3 over the air.
I loaded Santander app and immediate your device is rooted error and closes app automatically. So still not working. Do I need to reinstall Magisk Manager?
1) Install any xiaomi.eu ROM you want
2) Clean flash = Use "Format Data" only (in "Wipe" menu > "Format Data" button). No need to "wipe" anything.
Try disable dual apps and wipe your data to confirm, it is a ROM issue...Just echoing that the RN9S Android 11 update (12.0.1) is GARBAGE. I have a laundry list of issues:
Be warned. This ROM is no good.
- No transition animation from your current app to recents, just a big jarring smash cut (other animations work fine though to be fair)
- YouTube Vanced miniplayer can't readjust to the app properly when you press the expand button; another jarring smash cut
- The system kills my SoundCloud app after 5-10 minutes, even when it's actively playing music (I disabled all battery saving options in MIUI to try to fix it, but it still happens)
- Like and Reply buttons on floating Facebook Messenger notifications are all wonky and misaligned
- Data usage stats don't update/report properly
- Google Photos asks me 'is it OK for this app to write files to this device?' every time I click Save on a photo I have edited
- Had a random reboot, which never happened once on Android 11
- Battery life seems worse overall
- More stuff that I can't recall off the top of my head
I installed 22.214.171.124 xeu rom on my Mi9T Pro in December, everything was working fine:
- Safetynet passed (no additional Magisk module needed).
- Gplay certified.
- Magisk Manager is hidden. Google, store and services are hidden in Magisk Hide.
- Banking apps were working.
- Work profile (created by Intelligent Hub) was working. I just had to hide this app in Magisk Hide.
I did nothing, but yesterday (February 6) I woke up to my work profile said Unenrolled due to the device is compromised. It deleted my work profile.
I checked safetynet and it said CTS Profile mismatch.
Then I installed the Magisk module Universal Safetynet Fix. It fixed safetynet, it says passed.
But when I try to re-enroll my work profile then Intelligent Hub still says that it can not be enrolled on a rooted phone.
Have anyone faced this issue? How can I check how Intelligent Hub is looking for root signs?
I have tried to reinstall Magisk, Intelligent Hub. I have tried to clear google and store and services data then reboot. But no luck.
I already installed it from the Magisk repo. It fixed safetynet, as I wrote. But the work profile app (Intelligent Hub) still says that the device is rooted, and prevents re-enrolling my work profile.
Did you try to "clear all data" of "Santander" app, in phone's settings?
In the root of your internal storage, you can also try to rename the "TWRP" folder to something else (like "CR") and also rename any filename with "Magisk" word in it.
You better flash official rom , maybe i'm wrong but for you is the best solution ..On my MiNote10 lite i have installed the latest stable version, everything looks good, but i want to use google phone and google messages (like the global eu version) and not the xiaomi dial and messages (better spam protection + emergency alert doesn't work on xiaomi applications)
I have installed google phone + google mesages, set as default but the calls uses stock dialer.
I have magisk + root uninstaller but i cant find the packages to remove and i don't know if this is the right solution.
I just like that Google phone blocks automatic spam calls and I'm trying to find a way to get rid of them...You better flash official rom , maybe i'm wrong but for you is the best solution ..
Very weird for me that you buy a xiaomi and not a samsung device..
No bad feelings , just my opinion..