MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm on stable MIUI 12.0.1 on my Redmi Note 7, I found a bug with the camera in the dynamic shoots option. After taking the photo and opening the gallery when I am going to edit the photo with the dynamic shoots option to choose a photo more clearly, a message appears saying: "Bokeh keeps stopping".

Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$4.done(Unknown Source:27)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int java.lang.Integer.intValue()' on a null object reference
at com.miui.extraphoto.motionphoto.xmp.ImageMetaData.extractBaseExifInfo(Unknown Source:9)
at com.miui.extraphoto.motionphoto.xmp.ImageMetaData.extractImageExifData(Unknown Source:16)
at com.miui.extraphoto.motionphoto.manager.PhotoManager$ExtraPhotoTask.doInBackground(Unknown Source:25)
at com.miui.extraphoto.motionphoto.manager.PhotoManager$ExtraPhotoTask.doInBackground(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(Unknown Source:20)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
... 3 more

I hope you can fix this bug, I really like this ROM, thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Could someone help me with this problem? The same problem occurs on beta MIUI 12.

Depends on the phone, system apps are updated within the updates of rom.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 7 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I have mi 9t pro and i understand that rom not weekly update. But i want to update system apps. Like any apps but i can't . And if there any chance to update soon ?

Very good remark.
It can not be related to the LCD backside drain because it should be visible. LCD drain is 250 mA average and lower in a dark room.
Current surge of 800 mA or more can only occur when the processor is working at high speed for short time in your case.
Cause this increase the global average consumption of the Miui 12 rom as many people reported already.
Miui 12 has many new effect features that can impact this point a deep investigation must be done.
Thanks again for your attention.

Thanks for this little explanation! Do you think we, as users, can do something in that direction? I mean, like deactivating/reducing effects (if I'm not wrong, some options should be under Developer Settings, but I'm not sure what I should modify), at least in the attempt to try if something changes...

EDIT: I've set animations (trough Developer Settings) to 0.5x and debloated some MIUI services/apps. It seems I have no more very high peaks, since the maximum one I've noticed is around -500mA (like when I'm on Instagram), and now I'm usually around -250/300 mA when actually using phone for stuff.
I'm not sure I 'fixed' the problem or it is just a coincidence, but I'll keep you updated.
By the way, the high RAM consumption still remains (only 1/1.1GB left with just Accubattery and GSam Batteyr Monitor opened).

Last edited:
Thanks for this little explanation! Do you think we, as users, can do something in that direction? I mean, like deactivating/reducing effects (if I'm not wrong, some options should be under Developer Settings, but I'm not sure what I should modify), at least in the attempt to try if something changes...
It's my feeling. Miui12 paint is far to be dry...We are in debug phase maturity level5...
I am focusing on my spare MI9T on stand by drain and deep sleep behavior. This seems to be under control with this latest release.
But i have noticed these surge when checking bat statistics. observation has to be done in order to understand.
I hope others will follow the track you opened.
Today I have a MIUI11 phone as daily usage and can't investigate further on this issue.But I stay tuned.

I'm having the same problem here. In View Summary, the following message appears:
Screenshot_2020-08-04-13-20-00-409_com.miui.bugreport.jpg

"java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at b.g.c.getDefault(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.Utils.getIMEI(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.Utils.getRandomSeed(Unknown Source:4)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.ai.AppPredict.updateConfig(Unknown Source:44)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.ai.AppPredict.updateCloudConfig(Unknown Source:104)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.ai.AppPredict$BackgroundHandler.handleMessage(Unknown Source:39)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:242)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(Unknown Source:28)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: miui.telephony.TelephonyManagerEx cannot be cast to b.g.c
at b.g.c$a.Ia(Unknown Source:22)
at b.g.c$a.<clinit>(Unknown Source:4)
... 9 more"

Very good remark.
It can not be related to the LCD backside drain because it should be visible. LCD drain is 250 mA average and lower in a dark room.
Current surge of 800 mA or more can only occur when the processor is working at high speed for short time in your case.
Cause this increase the global average consumption of the Miui 12 rom as many people reported already.
Miui 12 has many new effect features that can impact this point a deep investigation must be done.
Thanks again for your attention.

To stabilize the peaks (cpu), I installed kernel audiutor apk (free), clocked to 1747, gpu bit lower to your taste maybe, and boost frequency core (1) disabled.

Still snappy and fast enough, great performance. Less heat and more rounded battery use. (Tip)

(And if you like for battery / ram: greenify.. Always good.)

What ever rom I flash, I always have this

Good luck

To stabilize the peaks (cpu), I installed kernel audiutor apk (free), clocked to 1747, gpu bit lower to your taste maybe, and boost frequency core (1) disabled.

Still snappy and fast enough, great performance. Less heat and more rounded battery use. (Tip)

(And if you like for battery / ram: greenify.. Always good.)

What ever rom I flash, I always have this

Good luck
What is your device?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Dear users,

I encounter a problem on the K30 PRO ZOOM, with the built-in VPN:
When I try to connect to a personal VPN, it connects, but I don't have internet ... There is a high speed of traffic ... But the internet is not ... After 1 minute it disconnects.
I want to mention that it worked with the same software version. I encountered the problem after I updated to MIUI 12.0.5
I went back to miui 11, I re-installed everything that could be reinstalled, in various combinations, but nothing.
On NORD VPN or other vpn application, everything works properly.
I checked the vpn connection on the pc and it works without problems.
Attach printscreen and screen recording

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I really appreciate your help.
Thank you
b275f6513312c36ad6d8c8bb3ac6d66b.jpg

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition using Tapatalk

Hey guys, this post is to make you think before complaining, I often read about "high ram usage" which is quite nonsense keeping in mind, free ram = useless / wasted ram!

52f302face94f128d4758107a8cae6ef.jpg
It is very wrong to disregard the feedback of users of a device that You don't Use
We didn't need a lecture on ram usage on linux systems, and besides Memory leaks are still a possibility.. We definitely did not and never blamed the EU devs for whatever bugs have been reported.. Mind you, A lot of us are 4GB Ram Note 7 users, so you, a Mi8 6GB ram user, have no idea of whatever experience we may be having on the new Miui 12.. And so, u have no right to assume or disregard our feedback

Now concerning ram usage, what we complain about is apps are not staying in memory, say on average Miui 11 held 4 heavy apps and could quickly swap between them without reloading or refreshing the app, this is reduced on Miui 12 to just 2.. And as such, the experience is not as fluid as on Miui 11

Nobody is blaming the EU devs because a lot of us know that it could be worse on Stock Miui, and are actually hoping it is something the EU devs can help us with.. Thank you

A small solution I found is to use the Schedule Power Off/On feature in the Battery section of settings.. This can help reboot the device automatically every night (or whenever you know for sure that you are not using the device)
I set my to 2:30AM to power off and 2:31AM to power back on.. Sort of a quick auto reboot.. This is in order to completely flush the ram (and whatever might be having a memory leak, which I suspect)
You guys can try it out.. Hope it helps
Screenshot_2020-08-05-06-22-36-582_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Reactions: ddj123
It is very wrong to disregard the feedback of users of a device that You don't Use
We didn't need a lecture on ram usage on linux systems, and besides Memory leaks are still a possibility.. We definitely did not and never blamed the EU devs for whatever bugs have been reported.. Mind you, A lot of us are 4GB Ram Note 7 users, so you, a Mi8 6GB ram user, have no idea of whatever experience we may be having on the new Miui 12.. And so, u have no right to assume or disregard our feedback

Now concerning ram usage, what we complain about is apps are not staying in memory, say on average Miui 11 held 4 heavy apps and could quickly swap between them without reloading or refreshing the app, this is reduced on Miui 12 to just 2.. And as such, the experience is not as fluid as on Miui 11

Nobody is blaming the EU devs because a lot of us know that it could be worse on Stock Miui, and are actually hoping it is something the EU devs can help us with.. Thank you
Youre absolutely right, but I'm facing the same issue, with 8 GB of ram I can sometimes not have more then 3 apps open without getting them killed :)

Even if they are locked.

Mate I have a son a daughter, a wife and plenty of family members and friends, which (thanks to my influence) do own a widespread amount of different mi devices, so I know about the problems with 4 gb devices.

Wouldn't you agree the majority of users do not have deep inside and knowledge of the operating system? So please don't be offended.

Tnx and regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Reactions: ddj123
A small solution I found is to use the Schedule Power Off/On feature in the Battery section of settings.. This can help reboot the device automatically every night (or whenever you know for sure that you are not using the device)
I set my to 2:30AM to power off and 2:31AM to power back on.. Sort of a quick auto reboot.. This is in order to completely flush the ram (and whatever might be having a memory leak, which I suspect)
You guys can try it out.. Hope it helpsView attachment 31278
What font and theme are you using? It looks great and thanks for the tip

Hi,

I have a Redmi K30i 5G and its updater shows a new version ( V12.0.5.0.QGICNXM) found just now. I tried to download it manually, but I could only find a ROM dated back to July. I see there is a new version for K30 5G just two days ago and it has the same version number V12.0.5.0.QGICNXM

Is the new version on my K30i updater a mistake?

Thanks

Last edited:
First of all, thanks to all the devs, the ROM works pretty well.

I have only one problem, and it is with Uber app. When a trip is confirmed, the screen goes on and off, buttons and touch screen non responsive, until the phone reboots in twrp recovery. After reboot to system, it works again. I know there are others with the same problem as they have asked previously, but nobody answer. Mi 9t user, stable MIUI 12.0.3. I have tested in the last weekly ROM and in the previous one, in both of them I have the same problem. I have tested on global stock ROM, and here it works fine.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

First of all, thanks to all the devs, the ROM works pretty well.

I have only one problem, and it is with Uber app. When a trip is confirmed, the screen goes on and off, buttons and touch screen non responsive, until the phone reboots in twrp recovery. After reboot to system, it works again. I know there are others with the same problem as they have asked previously, but nobody answer. Mi 9t user, stable MIUI 12.0.3. I have tested in the last weekly ROM and in the previous one, in both of them I have the same problem. I have tested on global stock ROM, and here it works fine.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Same problem, this is really keeping me from using .eu since i use Uber a lot. So you're saying that it's fine on stock global?

Same problem, this is really keeping me from using .eu since i use Uber a lot. So you're saying that it's fine on stock global?

On stock works fine, at least that is my experience with my device. I use Uber a lot too and it's a big problem, can't use the rom only because of this.

Gpay works. At first i had issues but suddenly it worked to add card etc. No idea why but guess it need some time for google to realize that the rom is stable and secure and no root is installed. Only unlocked bootloader
Gpay works and i am on latest stable. Mi10
how long you wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.