MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the deal with phone encryption? Found it in the menus and started reading about it... Looks like a good thing to use. It's on by default on global ROM, and off on xiaomi.eu ROM? I read in the bugs section that trying to encrypt the phone from menu on xiaomi.eu ROM led to errors on previous versions of ROM. Is that still the case or is it safe now? My device is Mi8.

What is the deal with phone encryption? Found it in the menus and started reading about it... Looks like a good thing to use. It's on by default on global ROM, and off on xiaomi.eu ROM? I read in the bugs section that trying to encrypt the phone from menu on xiaomi.eu ROM led to errors on previous versions of ROM. Is that still the case or is it safe now? My device is Mi8.
MI8 can NOT encrypt EU rom because of TWRP behavior.
You can get plenty of explanation in the MI8 or MIX2 section here.
I have explained to people what they can do.
Come back if you have issue.

MI8 can NOT encrypt EU rom because of TWRP behavior.
You can get plenty of explanation in the MI8 or MIX2 section here.
I have explained to people what they can do.
Come back if you have issue.
Thank you for your answer.
I read some more on it and if I understod correctly, issue is the twrp so maybe the support for encryption will come in some future version of twrp. Solutions for manual editing of root files is not something I would like to try. Flashing custom ROMs is not something I do often and it takes a lot of preparation and gathering courage. I have just recently came back from global ROM to try EU ROM on my old Mi8 before I buy Mi10 to decide which ROM I will use on it. Is the encryption working on EU ROM for Mi10?

Thank you for your answer.
I read some more on it and if I understod correctly, issue is the twrp so maybe the support for encryption will come in some future version of twrp. Solutions for manual editing of root files is not something I would like to try. Flashing custom ROMs is not something I do often and it takes a lot of preparation and gathering courage. I have just recently came back from global ROM to try EU ROM on my old Mi8 before I buy Mi10 to decide which ROM I will use on it. Is the encryption working on EU ROM for Mi10?
As of today, It is for almost sure you never get a "working" TWRP release for this phone generation.
Learning how to flash fencrypt.zip after any update is not that difficult. Just a matter of willingness.
MI10 has full encryption working twrp, no problem.

its ON on xiaomi.eu ROM.

Hi guys,

I updated to 12.0.0 on my POCO F1 but the UI after updating is very sluggish and laggy. Anyone experience the same?
Any ideas how to solve?
Cheers,
Rob

Mi8 very leggy after the update tried wipe cache Clean and this very bad. There is possible to downgrade to stable miui 11 without wipe data?

I'm freaking out, how do you take off the internet data limit on the stable miui 12?
32875195eb5db6c91a60259c89a3c0d4.jpg

Inviato dal mio POCO F2 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

I'm freaking out, how do you take off the internet data limit on the stable miui 12?
32875195eb5db6c91a60259c89a3c0d4.jpg

You go to security app - data usage and select the settings icon top right corner... Options are prity much the same on any miui.

You go to security app - data usage and select the settings icon top right corner... Options are prity much the same on any miui.
unfortunately there's no option
b0643fb2bdc405f6e762977124e50c18.jpg

Then sorry, must be something different on poco, my device is Mi8. Your screenshots beeing in Italian does not help eather. I know from my previous experience with miui that sometimes some menus are not displayed in some languages, maybe try to swith to english then try again.

I know that there is a table withthe devices compatibles with the rom, but the one that I want to buy isn't there.
It's the mi 10 ultra, only selled in China.
My question is: Is not there because it's new and hasn't been tested the room or is not there because it's an only china divece?
Depending on the anser I will buy it or not.
Thanks!

I know that there is a table withthe devices compatibles with the rom, but the one that I want to buy isn't there.
It's the mi 10 ultra, only selled in China.
My question is: Is not there because it's new and hasn't been tested the room or is not there because it's an only china divece?
Depending on the anser I will buy it or not.
Thanks!
Already answered in the section Question & Answer.

Reactions: LOLO9393
Status
Not open for further replies.