MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not like anyone else , mine randomly reboot itself after screen off ... I'm not pushing DEVS but this "stable" release shouldn't be here.
Or the "stable" means it's modded from Xiaomi official stable ROM , but doesn't mean the quality is stable ?

The device is UMI

Reactions: The Light Bringer
Not like anyone else , mine randomly reboot itself after screen off ... I'm not pushing DEVS but this "stable" release shouldn't be here.
Or the "stable" means it's modded from Xiaomi official stable ROM , but doesn't mean the quality is stable ?

The device is UMI
Really bad situation for our, umi's users I mean.
I also don't want to push devs, never thinked to do that, but as I said earlier, I hope they'll provide us a way to flash the really latest stable build (12.0.8) without formatting data.

Reactions: The Light Bringer
If I have the xiaomi.eu rom already installed (12.0.8), then can I disable OEM Unlocking under developer settings? I can't use fingerprint in my banking apps, not sure about paying with nfc as I haven't gotten around to trying it

If I have the xiaomi.eu rom already installed (12.0.8), then can I disable OEM Unlocking under developer settings? I can't use fingerprint in my banking apps, not sure about paying with nfc as I haven't gotten around to trying it
If you do this, you are gonna brick your device

Reactions: flatout23
What is the phone model? In xiaomi.eu MI 10 Pro ROMs OEM Unlocking is disabled by default and I can do all the things that can be done with an official ROM like use a fingerprint for banking applications and pay with NFC without any problems.

What is the phone model? In xiaomi.eu MI 10 Pro ROMs OEM Unlocking is disabled by default and I can do all the things that can be done with an official ROM like use a fingerprint for banking applications and pay with NFC without any problems.
I'm using Poco F2 Pro

I just checked and the safetynet passed.
But when I try to enable fingerprint authentication in the banking app, it says "Service can't be activated when OEM unlocking is enabled in developer options"
Maybe the app check in developer options and see its enabled. Try to disable it. As far as I'm informed, it's not used in Xiaomi devices for a very long time. This toggle does nothing.

Reactions: PvtKlemmer
Hi,

Quick question :
Apparently, there will be no more mi8 weekly rom.

Now it will be only stable right ?
I don't plan to upgrade right now (because it will be downgrading features)

My question is :
Do I have to configure all over again (I mean the data apps) ?
Or If I wait for the next stable, I can wipe/cache/dalvik and install over my weekly roms (it will be an upgrade then)

Thanks !

The only way to brick a xiaomi phone is to re-lock the bootloader with an unofficial ROM. As far as I know you can lock the bootloader only through Mi Flash tool. The toggle in developer options cannot lock the bootloader.
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!
Just turned off OEM unlocking, rebooted my phone and now fingerprint is working in the app. Nothing bad has happened fortunately, so far

For all those people who have been installing stable ROMs, stay away from this latest 'stable' 12.1 release. It should never have been released in the stable channel. Stick to 12.08 for now. And please ignore all those 'beta kings' who seem to have a sarcastic answer for valid concerns.

Most of us don't want the hassle of testing betas, that's exactly why we stick to stable. Never been an issue posting unstable ROMs in this channel so far. Hopefully won't happen again.

Unfortunately, if you've upgraded to 12.1 and need to backup data, I suggest booting into ROM, copy all essential files onto PC, then do a clean install from TWRP by formatting data and using ADB push commands to push 12.08 ROM to phone memory, and installing that.

Don't forget to do a Google backup and backup your accounts as far as possible so when you do a fresh install, it won't be too painful reinstalling all the previous apps.

Good luck. Ignore the uninformed haters.
It is how it is, you are very nice!
Hassle is no one of them will read it.

Really bad situation for our, umi's users I mean.
I also don't want to push devs, never thinked to do that, but as I said earlier, I hope they'll provide us a way to flash the really latest stable build (12.0.8) without formatting data.

Apparently, turn off the cloned app was the trick. However, this can't be the solution, I hope that will be an update asap.

Hi,

Quick question :
Apparently, there will be no more mi8 weekly rom.

Now it will be only stable right ?
I don't plan to upgrade right now (because it will be downgrading features)

My question is :
Do I have to configure all over again (I mean the data apps) ?
Or If I wait for the next stable, I can wipe/cache/dalvik and install over my weekly roms (it will be an upgrade then)

Thanks !
Pretty sure that'll be the case, but it's not always true. It all depends on how old the code-base will be for that stable.
You could give it a try, when it comes out, and if you have any crashes, you'll know what you have to do.

Hallo, everyone!
I'm a little bit confused and i wonder if anyone else face the same problem. So long in apps like Viber or Whatsapp the names were the same as in Phone app. I was in weekly rom but after 20.8.20 update the names appears sometimes as usual, sometimes with the names that use the users of the apps and sometimes only phonenumbers! It's a mesh! I went back in Stable just to face the same problem...
Does anyone knows why and if i can make something to solve the problem?

How's there even people claiming they have no issues on mi 10? Mine is a complete mess right now.
- apps keep crashing
- full gesture stopped working completely
- system is laggy
- random reboots
- pip function in apps like yt etc are just black most of the time
- and now even the volume key stopped working due to the newer update

Reactions: flatout23
Hallo, everyone!
I'm a little bit confused and i wonder if anyone else face the same problem. So long in apps like Viber or Whatsapp the names were the same as in Phone app. I was in weekly rom but after 20.8.20 update the names appears sometimes as usual, sometimes with the names that use the users of the apps and sometimes only phonenumbers! It's a mesh! I went back in Stable just to face the same problem...
Does anyone knows why and if i can make something to solve the problem?
in whatApps permission choose 'allow all the time" permission

The device is UMI

Update : I have to say sorry to DEVs , after debugging a while I found it should be APP incompatible issue with A11.
I uninstalled 2 apps : " de-bullshified version of Facebook" & "Messenger Lite" from XDA forum.
Now it seems pretty OK , no more reboot since uninstalling them.

After all it's A11, there's a big chance that some APP will become incompatible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.