MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to change AOD style but when I tap on any style in the settings nothing happens. Anyone else has this issue?

Open root explorer , change mount from R/W to mount R/O and you will be fine ..
Hi, but the switching on R/O doesn't work when I press it R/W.
The Adaway app doesn't work either. He cannot save the host file due to lack of write access. :(

Hi, i have a Mi Note 10 Lite and i have unlock my phone before 1 day. I have root my phone with TWRP recovery and Magisk 20.4. Then i have flash this current stable MIUI 12. But i have a problem. i can`t delete a app from the system folder with root explorer. it is coming a message : "Delete failed! This folder is write-protected." But the root of my phone is working. Why can i not delete a app from the system folder although is rooted? Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
Can't modify system folder on devices shipped with Android 10.
Since you have root, install a "freezer" app and freeze or disable the apps you want

Reactions: Poney70
Well, it is not good for consumers, they must support flagships...

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk
They, who? Xiaomi? Well, they are certainly supporting Mi10, developing A11 rom, which is still in beta phase. Actually very good one, but not good for me as I do need bloody dual apps.

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

Hi, but the switching on R/O doesn't work when I press it R/W.
The Adaway app doesn't work either. He cannot save the host file due to lack of write access. :(
Strange , maybe the version of root explorer did that ..
Anyway you can go through twrp and delete system files ..

Please i advice you don't do this as you may encounter bootloops on some devices if any change is made to the system partition.
The cleanest and foolproof method is to disable apps using a "freezer" app.

Please i advice you don't do this as you may encounter bootloops on some devices if any change is made to the system partition.
The cleanest and foolproof method is to disable apps using a "freezer" app.
You can easily reflash rom zip and phone will boot again in case of bootloop ..

But geoorg have say :

"Can't modify system folder on devices shipped with Android 10. "

I think, this is the big problem :(

My Mi 8 can i modify the system folder under Android 10 and MIUI 12. However, the Mi 8 was delivered with Android 9 at the time. I have bought the last week the Mi Note 10 Lite and already had Android 10 and MIUI 11.

[/QUOTE]
But geoorg have say :

My Mi 8 can i modify the system folder under Android 10 and MIUI 12. However, the Mi 8 was delivered with Android 9 at the time. I have bought the last week the Mi Note 10 Lite and already had Android 10 and MIUI 11.
On MI8 until it gets Android11... you have no problem modifying system.
Only exception is for locked system apps under devs control.

But geoorg have say :

Whatever you say , maybe you're right but i will check it as soon as possible on my mi note 10 lite .. i use root explorer 4.4.1 and i think that it works good ..
Though you can try to delete through twrp ..

Whatever you say , maybe you're right but i will check it as soon as possible on my mi note 10 lite .. i use root explorer 4.4.1 and i think that it works good ..
Though you can try to delete through twrp ..
I would just like to change a few icons of third party apps. The only problem is that the theme folder is unfortunately also in the system folder. Just like the host file that you can use ad blocker Adaway. Unfortunately, this host file is also located in the system folder.
Unfortunately, not only apps, but everything files in the system folder cannot be changed under Android 10.

But geoorg have say :

Actually, it is an advantage. Because now you can safely modify system files using a “systemless” root method like magisk and safely undo changes without having to reflash ROM

I would just like to change a few icons of third party apps. The only problem is that the theme folder is unfortunately also in the system folder. Just like the host file that you can use ad blocker Adaway. Unfortunately, this host file is also located in the system folder.
Unfortunately, not only apps, but everything files in the system folder cannot be changed under Android 10.
And then comes the power of root and magisk

Good Morning,
After upgrading my Redmi Note 9s everything is fine ..
simply when searching for outgoing calls, with night mode on, the name appears with half hidden.

On RN9S I've just updated to MIUI12 stable via OTA.
I can write in system file (I just needed to modify hosts).
It is done with X-plore in RW mode and under Magisk root. (should work with oother file explorer as well.)
No other means like via TWRP.

Well, it is not good for consumers, they must support flagships...

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk
I agree they shouldn't release a stable A11 version with no dual app functionality...i am stuck with android 10 for that but i have issue with VOLTE and my carrier as it doesn't have caller id when volte is active....

On my M10 with the latest EU Rom I don´t see any issue. Camera is working in all modes. Don´t know what you mean wich google stock system update, but the update for EU Roms and the Google Play System updates are working.
im on global rom not xiaomi.eu rom i wait to bootloader unlock 6 days . camera work fine but in my mi note 10 in gallery app double tap photo and its say double tap again to enter hd mode in mi 10 there is only one double tap . the attachment is the updater i have in my phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-29-15-09-08-324_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-29-15-09-08-324_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 173
Status
Not open for further replies.