MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, doubt... Can I install latest Weekly ROM in TWRP (probably OTG) over this stable rom, no need to format (I d like to keep all the data)

Last edited:
Mi 11 lite 5G Renoir is Global or China version?
I my case: Device ID show "renoir", some apps show "renoir_global", they make me confuse.
My model is M2101K9G. Global version.

Hi, doubt... Can I install latest Weekly ROM in TWRP (probably OTG) over this stable rom, no need to format (I d like to keep all the data)
It is not considered good practice. You can try it, but do a backup before, and expect some strange behavior from your apps.

Hi, i'm on poco F2 pro with 12.5, Why do you prefer 12.0.8?
Ota is working? Can have update without going on 12.2 and 12.5?
By installing an older version, you mostly give up on ROM updates.

Last edited:
I'm on xiaomi.eu 12.5.2 on my MI10T lite and choose sound_picker_track_66 has ringtone from sound but it still rings with default MI (Remix). Does anyone now how to resolve this?

I'm on xiaomi.eu 12.5.2 on my MI10T lite and choose sound_picker_track_66 has ringtone from sound but it still rings with default MI (Remix). Does anyone now how to resolve this?

I'm very excited to finally bring us a new stable update for the Mi 9 (cepheus). Downloading it to test it immediately.
Thank you very much for your work, devs!

What's with the new update for Redmi Jote 9 Pro Eu? V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM is the latest entry on sourceforge and the phone is already on 12.0.3.0.QJZMIXM. is there a chancelog for this version? The updater app shows nothing besides the update's name and size.

@Sauron3256 "V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM" by Xiaomi.eu is based on the first Global "Stable Beta" ROM on Android 11 (for your device). ;)

Since it's a "Stable Beta" ROM, there is no official changelog by Xiaomi...

:)

Yes, after searching a bit, I figured it out. Sorry, about that. Still, there are some unanswered questions. For example does this update need the restoration of the Persist partition from the official rom to remain certified (keep L1 as well)?

ok so 12.5.3 installed on Mi 9 (cepheus)
Positives:
+ dirty install from latest stable (12.0.6) without problem
+ SafetyNet status = Passed, hurray

Negatives:
- full gesture navigation doesn't work on Nova Launcher, only on stock system launcher - hope it will be fixed soon (please pretty please)

Reactions: Simas Turbo
Yes, after searching a bit, I figured it out. Sorry, about that. Still, there are some unanswered questions. For example does this update need the restoration of the Persist partition from the official rom to remain certified (keep L1 as well)?
I don't know why you speak about the Persist partition, it's something you should NEVER tamper. ;)

Install ROM as it's an update, that's all. :)

About SafetyNet certification, it may not be certified (because based on a "Stable Beta" ROM by Xiaomi) but there is no feedbacks yet...

I don't have your device so I don't know if you can download the Widevine certificate via "Fingerprint payment" menu, in phone's settings and if this ROM version support Widevine L1 or not.

- full gesture navigation doesn't work on Nova Launcher, only on stock system launcher - hope it will be fixed soon (please pretty please)
It will never be fixed, that's a Xiaomi decision to only use full gesture navigation in MIUI Launcher only (on Android 11)...

I don't know why you speak about the Persist partition, it's something you should NEVER tamper. ;)

Install ROM as it's an update, that's all. :)

About SafetyNet certification, it may not be certified (because based on a "Stable Beta" ROM by Xiaomi) but there is no feedbacks yet...

I don't have your device so I don't know if you can download the Widevine certificate via "Fingerprint payment" menu, in phone's settings and if this ROM version support Widevine L1 or not.

That's what I'll do to test it, but on previous versions, you had to restore the Persist partition from the global rom to remain certified and keep Widevine L1, otherwise you had to install Magisk and use the attestation emulation from Magisk Hide Props. We'll see how it goes.

It will never be fixed, that's a Xiaomi decision to only use full gesture navigation in MIUI Launcher only (on Android 11)...
what? thats huge downgrade, isn't there anything we can do? magisk module, some sys file edit?
gosh, so I have to search for alternative rom

Reactions: AJSRO
what? thats huge downgrade, isn't there anything we can do? magisk module, some sys file edit?
gosh, so I have to search for alternative rom
Workarounds for third-party launcher:
  • Install from Google Play Store:
    • Infinity Gestures
    • - OR -
    • Fluid Navigation Gestures
  • Use CustoMIUIzer
    • Launcher -> Gestures -> there you have a lot of options
;)

Reactions: AJSRO
So, I installed the Android 11 rom on my Joyeuse and after clearing caches everything works a-ok. After checking the zip file contents it seems that a persist image was not included, so no action was required on that front. CTS integrity, device certification and Widevine L1 are all in working order.

A big plus to Android 11: wireless ADB. Using Termux and the package android-tools we can now run adb commands on device without having any computer available

Status
Not open for further replies.