MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one complains here, please don't post something if you don't have a qualifed answer. I just asked nothing more.

Im struggling with media notificaiton widget bug and don't wanna do ADB sideload thing because it might cause even more problems down the line in future updates. Can we expect rom hotfix or anything like that anytime soon?

I use stable channel for a reason and Google/Xiaomi manages to break something this big in stable. WTF are these multi-billion companies even doing in their QA program?
Are you sure they handle a QA program for that?....

We need to flash, but there is an updater that warn you, download the file, and try to reboot to TWRP to install it.
Thanks for answer, is there any manual for this?
How often should I expect updates and stress of data loss? :D
Do we lose data or not? :)

Reactions: Turtlie
Our ROMs features (Whats not in Global):
  • MIUI Contacts and Dialer
  • More shortcuts on left lockscreen
  • No any Chinese character under the full system

I have a question about these 3 points.
  1. Can I see the time someone called?, or atleast how many minutes/hours ago?
  2. Can I change these shorcuts?
    photo_2021-07-17_12-35-28.jpg
  3. photo_2021-07-17_12-35-04.jpg
edit: Poco X3 Pro, latest Stable build.

Last edited:
I have a question about these 3 points.
  2. Can I change these shorcuts?
edit: Poco X3 Pro, latest Stable build.
Lock Screen Shortcuts: Settings -> Lock screen -> Side panel shortcuts
App vault: Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> App vault -> Uninstall updates

Reactions: SWADED
Lock Screen Shortcuts: Settings -> Lock screen -> Side panel shortcuts
App vault: Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> App vault -> Uninstall updates

Lockscreen: Changed the shortcuts thanks! (side question can I change/remove those icons on the bottom, like Wallpaper Carousel?)
App Vault: No updates to uninstall, this is the stock app as found in MIUI Stable. Also how to revoke permissions for this app (withdraw consent), clearing data does not work.

*Talking about withdraw of consent, in some apps I didn't consent and the apps work fine (mostly lacking online functions). But now everytime I open those apps it gives the same consent pop-ups I already declined (for instance the Mi Video app). I find this annoying and pushy, not something I would expect in a MIUI EU rom.

Should I report this on the Chinese MIUI forum?

Q: Is there a volume buttons to wake function hidden somewhere?

Last edited:
side question can I change/remove those icons on the bottom, like Wallpaper Carousel?
Change? No. Remove, well, besides the flashlight shortcut, any other shortcut there is only visible if the relevant app is installed.
For next release, I'll make sure it's not visible if the relevant app is disabled, so then you'll be able to hide it by disabling "Mi Wallpaper Carousel" app altogether in Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps.

App Vault: No updates to uninstall, this is the stock app as found in MIUI Stable. Also how to revoke permissions for this app (withdraw consent), clearing data does not work.
What you see is an image, not the actual app vault. You probably declined the initial terms of use screen, so it's stuck on that image or something.
You shouldn't decline, nor you can't revoke anything for this app, it's a China ROM app.
You can install the Global App vault from Play Store if you want, it'll substitute the China ROM one...
If you keep declining and revoking permissions for system apps, you'll face issues. Might want to consider a non-MIUI ROM if you're so touchy about those permission requests.

*Talking about withdraw of consent, in some apps I didn't consent and the apps work fine (mostly lacking online functions). But now everytime I open those apps it gives the same consent pop-ups I already declined (for instance the Mi Video app).
Can't help you with that. Mi Video has online functions as of our latest releases so consent is required. Otherwise, don't use the app.

I find this annoying and pushy, not something I would expect in a MIUI EU rom.
You get what you pay for, and you pay nothing, so you'll have to live with that. I don't find this a problem as I never decline these dialogs.

Sure, click the arrow button next to the call. You'll see everything under "Call history" header.

Q: Is there a volume buttons to wake function hidden somewhere?
Not that I know of...

Change? No. Remove, well, besides the flashlight shortcut, any other shortcut there is only visible if the relevant app is installed.

That explains why it shows the Mi Remote icon on my lockscreen.

For next release, I'll make sure it's not visible if the relevant app is disabled, so then you'll be able to hide it by disabling "Mi Wallpaper Carousel" app altogether in Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps.

Sounds good thanks.

What you see is an image, not the actual app vault. You probably declined the initial terms of use screen, so it's stuck on that image or something.
You shouldn't decline, nor you can't revoke anything for this app, it's a China ROM app.
You can install the Global App vault from Play Store if you want, it'll substitute the China ROM one...
If you keep declining and revoking permissions for system apps, you'll face issues. Might want to consider a non-MIUI ROM if you're so touchy about those permission requests.

Is there a reason u guys don't use the Global App Vault instead of the China ROM one?
For the record I don't decline nor revoke permission with 3d party (root) apps, just the consent pop-ups when opening the app.

Can't help you with that. Mi Video has online functions as of our latest releases so consent is required. Otherwise, don't use the app.

I just want to use the offline functions, the consent pop ups clearly states that that is possible, it just keeps nagging to consent the online part anyway.
(You already said you can't/won't change this behaviour which is fine.)

Sure, click the arrow button next to the call. You'll see everything under "Call history" header.

Ah ok got it, was expecting something on the main call screen but this works.

Not that I know of...

Too bad..

Thanks for the fast and accurate answers, I really apreciate everything you guys do for the community.

Is there a reason u guys don't use the Global App Vault instead of the China ROM one?
1) Because the design wasn't updated since like MIUI 10. Many prefer an App vault that gets actually updated to match newer MIUI versions.
2) Because it can always be installed by the user via Play Store. The Chinese App vault can't.

For the record I don't decline nor revoke permission with 3d party (root) apps, just the consent pop-ups when opening the app.
Then don't... this isn't our design choice...

Reactions: SWADED and JiaiJ
k20 pro 12GBRAM 512GB ROM big problem when updating to Miui 2.5

Had the version
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20ProMI9TPro_V12.0.6.0.QFKCNXM_v12-10.
it worked perfect, very agile but I updated to
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20ProMI9TPro_V12.5.4.0.RFKCNXMi_v12-11.zip

and everything goes wrong

Serious Bugs
1. Heats up
2. Sudden restarts
3. Gesture navigation does not work unless I use the system's launcher, I use another launcher
4. Sound settings do not work
5. when a call comes in, it doesn't answer or stays in the background
6. everything is super slow
7. I already tried to go back to the Old version of miui.eu 12.2 but it reboots in TWPR, it only accepts the miui 12.5 ROM with many errors, it helps.

Hi folks, im new here in the Xiaomi universe. I have curently on my Mi11 the stable ROM installed. If I want to update later, I have to format my data all the time? Or simply mount the file on TWRP?

Hello, I have a poco f2 pro in stable version Miu 12.5 xiaomi eu rom, can I make a dirty flash of the Last weekly version or is neccesary make a wipe data? Obviously, I have twrp and bootloader open. Tks

Whats happens if I have a weekly or stable version and root with Magisk and update the ROM via OTA or flash a new version via TWRP? Do I lose the root?

So I must flash Magisk after every update? I definitely think I will try the stable version to avoid reRoot the phone every week...

Yes, you have to install Magisk every time you update if root is important to you. I do not use root.
Weekly ROM =There is no obligation to update every week. It is your choice when to update

Last edited:
Reactions: Poney70 and optybg
k20 pro 12GBRAM 512GB ROM big problem when updating to Miui 2.5

Had the version
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20ProMI9TPro_V12.0.6.0.QFKCNXM_v12-10.
it worked perfect, very agile but I updated to
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20ProMI9TPro_V12.5.4.0.RFKCNXMi_v12-11.zip

and everything goes wrong

Serious Bugs
1. Heats up
2. Sudden restarts
3. Gesture navigation does not work unless I use the system's launcher, I use another launcher
4. Sound settings do not work
5. when a call comes in, it doesn't answer or stays in the background
6. everything is super slow
7. I already tried to go back to the Old version of miui.eu 12.2 but it reboots in TWPR, it only accepts the miui 12.5 ROM with many errors, it helps.
- Maybe a clean install would help for the errors
- Gestures on third party launcher won't work natively on A11 MIUI, there are some workarounds. It is not a bug, it is by design.
- To revert to an older Android version, I believe you will need to format data

Reactions: Poney70
With my old rom (xiaomi global) i was getting lte+ connection (or called 4g+ or 4.5g) and i was getting download and upload speeds up to 150/50mbit

With this version it feels like the rom is preferring 4g instead of 4g+, and 3g instead of 4g....

I manually go to sim card settings, select 3g preferred and then back to lte preferred, only then it connects to 4g but still no 4g+...

Is that a bug ? Any of you have a solution for this?
If this is a bug where should i report it?
Thanks for this amazing rom!

Reactions: L EV
Nevermind, I removed root, not ideal but its a compromise. I still get to use this rom but also can use my bank apps.
Thank you

Last edited:
What is the steps if your device comes from china version?

And if you successfully flash a stable version, does my phone gets reset everytime i flash a new stable version?

Redmi k30 pro.

1. reboot TWRP
2. instal Stable ROM
3. Format Data / YES
4. reboot system

PS:
In my opinion, a weekly rom is better.

Thank you for your quick response. But with the weekly my cell phone freezes all the time. With the Mi10 the same, "system ui does not respond"

Hmm, I have no problem with Poco F3 with weekly v21.7.17

Perform a clean installation and do not restore settings from a backup.

I have a Redmi Note 7 with the penultimate stable version of the Xiaomi EU ROM V12.0.3.0.QFGCNXM_v12-10. I have tried updating from the app but it says there are no new updates. How can I update to the latest version 12.5.3? Greetings and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.