MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
which install? format from where? could you please be more clear?

edit: when unlocking bootloader it formatted data. From there I just did the initial configuration and then rebooted to flashboot to install TWRP.
Use "Format Data" button in TWRP (in "Wipe" menu) then reboot your device. ;)

EDIT: Oh and first boot can take up-to 15 minutes. :)

Reactions: MartianMSK
Hello (again ^^),

Because your device is using a dynamic partioning system (like all recent devices launched under Android 10 and more), Xiaomi.eu ROMs for your device have a "Forced Read-Only" mode for the /system partition. :(

So that's why Magisk is needed to be able to modify your system "systemlessly", by applying a workaround to pass SafetyNet (unless Google reverts the latest SafetyNet update...).

Easiest workaround is to install my Magisk module => Fix_CTS_SafetyNet_v1.0-Magisk.zip

Read my guide about Magisk, you will know how to configure Magisk (basic configuration) => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...nstalling-android-11-update.60181/post-594671

:)

Do i understand rigth.
Do i understand right?
I have to install magist and after install the Fix_CTS_SafetyNet_v1.0-Magisk.zip?

What's going on with the safety net?
I've been using my mi 10 with 12.5.4 without issues for few months and today I received a pop up from Google pay that my phone wasn't authorized anymore...
Ofc the safety pass isn't passing (CTS failed)
Update via ota to 12.5.7 didn't fix it...

Do I have to make a clean flash or its Google related and I have to wait?

Update: installed magisk 23.0 via twrp rebooted, finished the installation and hid it then flashed the CTS fix, now safety net it's ok (passed) but Google pay looks like not working (NFC icon in gray) and there is no Netflix or Disney + app on the play store...
Update 2: turned off internet (WiFi and 4g) then deleted all the app data from Google, Google pay, Google play store and Google play services, rebooted and now everything looks fine including Netflix on the play store

Inviato dal mio Mi 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello (again ^^),

Because your device is using a dynamic partioning system (like all recent devices launched under Android 10 and more), Xiaomi.eu ROMs for your device have a "Forced Read-Only" mode for the /system partition. :(

So that's why Magisk is needed to be able to modify your system "systemlessly", by applying a workaround to pass SafetyNet (unless Google reverts the latest SafetyNet update...).

Easiest workaround is to install my Magisk module => Fix_CTS_SafetyNet_v1.0-Magisk.zip

Read my guide about Magisk, you will know how to configure Magisk (basic configuration) => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...nstalling-android-11-update.60181/post-594671

Hey Poney,

You seem to know how this works. On my Mi 10 Ultra both Disney+ and Netflix have disappeared from the play store - or mention not to be compatible for my device when opening a link to the respective playstore apps. Odd, because a few weeks ago they worked just fine. I'm running the latest weekly, installed the above, my phone shows it passes the CTS safetynet compatibily test, L1 widevine CDM etc., all other apps - including banking apps work fine - yet the Netflix and Disney+ apps still won't show in the appstore. Any ideas?

Hello (again ^^),

To avoid this issue, you MUST use the MIUI Launcher. ;)

=> https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/12-5-10-some-recent-apps-not-open.62666/post-626218
I installed this.
But the Google Play Project is still Missing.
How can i geht this?

Edit: finished

Last edited:
Hey Poney,

You seem to know how this works. On my Mi 10 Ultra both Disney+ and Netflix have disappeared from the play store - or mention not to be compatible for my device when opening a link to the respective playstore apps. Odd, because a few weeks ago they worked just fine. I'm running the latest weekly, installed the above, my phone shows it passes the CTS safetynet compatibily test, L1 widevine CDM etc., all other apps - including banking apps work fine - yet the Netflix and Disney+ apps still won't show in the appstore. Any ideas?
Same happens to me this morning, but my safety net was failing, try to follow my steps from the previous post ;)

Inviato dal mio Xiaomi device utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Appelsap
Same happens to me this morning, but my safety net was failing, try to follow my steps from the previous post ;)

Awesome. Had previously already installed (and hidden) Magisk and the CTS fix, which showed the CTS test was good. In airplane mode cleared Google and Google play, rebooted but still no Netflix or Disney+. It was also clearing the Google Play Services data that did the trick, now both apps are back and being installed as I type this :) Big thumbs up to Poney and you for solving this riddle, thanks!

Reactions: Poney70
Awesome. Had previously already installed (and hidden) Magisk and the CTS fix, which showed the CTS test was good. In airplane mode cleared Google and Google play, rebooted but still no Netflix or Disney+. It was also clearing the Google Play Services data that did the trick, now both apps are back and being installed as I type this :) Big thumbs up to Poney and you for solving this riddle, thanks!
Happy that you fixed... On mine everything looks fine but Google pay is denying every payment I make :(

Last edited:
I have a problem with the screen refresh rate on a xiaomi mi 11 lite 5G with 12.5.3 I have 90Hz selected, but after several days, the screen starts working at 60Hz even though 90Hz is still selected, the only way to get it back at 90Hz is restarting the mobile phone. Changing from 90 to 60 and back to 90 does not work, you have to restart. Does anyone know what happens? Thanks.

which one i need to back up in twrp ?
Backup "Data" partition first then backup "Internal Storage" if you want. :)

If you want to restore it: Reinstall the Weekly version first, format data then reboot your device and finish the first configuration wizard. After that, you can restore your "Data" (and "Internal Storage") backup in TWRP. ;)

Reactions: JiaiJ
Stop receiving sms, restarting the device helps, but only for a few minutes. It is the latest stable version 12.5.1
Is there any fix?

Is it possible to do a dirty flash from stable to weekly?
It is definitely possible, but not guaranteed that the device will work afterwards.
Seriously, it is mandatory to format data switching from stable to weekly.

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

Reactions: Andi17
Hi all. I just installed Xiaomi. HMNote9ProEU_V12.0.4.0.RJZMIXM_v12-11on my joyeuse and gestures are no longer working. When I turn them on it does nothing, a reboot brings back the buttons. Anyone got a solution?

I too had issues with CTS after last flash; can confirm that Poney's Magisk module fix solves the issue easily. I'm new to Xiaomi.eu (and Xiaomi in general for that matter) but this project really captured my interest and I decided to join the fun.
I got 2 immediate questions: 1) Why is everyone instructing to install Magisk via recovery when official Magisk strongly recommends installing it via patching boot images over the recovery method? I've installed Magisk via patched boot image flashed in fastboot and it works flawlessly
2) The CTS fix Magisk module says it changes "ro.product.model" prop. Was it really that simple? Would a simple line edit in build.prop yield the same result?

I too had issues with CTS after last flash; can confirm that Poney's Magisk module fix solves the issue easily. I'm new to Xiaomi.eu (and Xiaomi in general for that matter) but this project really captured my interest and I decided to join the fun.
I got 2 immediate questions: 1) Why is everyone instructing to install Magisk via recovery when official Magisk strongly recommends installing it via patching boot images over the recovery method? I've installed Magisk via patched boot image flashed in fastboot and it works flawlessly
2) The CTS fix Magisk module says it changes "ro.product.model" prop. Was it really that simple? Would a simple line edit in build.prop yield the same result?
Hello,

1) Installing Magisk (zip file) in your custom recovery is a valid way to install it and it's really more fast & easy than manually patching the boot.img of the ROM. ^^

2) Yes, it's really that simple... And "Would a simple line edit in build.prop yield the same result?" = Yes and that's what my zip version for TWRP do => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-9-1.62961/post-626475

;)

Reactions: DanteKG
Hello,

1) Installing Magisk (zip file) in your custom recovery is a valid way to install it and it's really more fast & easy than manually patching the boot.img of the ROM. ^^

2) Yes, it's really that simple... And "Would a simple line edit in build.prop yield the same result?" = Yes and that's what my zip version for TWRP do => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-9-1.62961/post-626475

;)
Oooh I didn't see that post, thanks! Considering how many people seek to pass SafetyNet attestation and the importance of this fix, I feel like this should be added to the OP. Thanks Poney <3

If it doesn't work the phone will boot to recovery and you will have to flash the nightly again.
To add to this, the phone boots to recovery if it fails to load OS. Before flashing again you could try to format data first and see if that helps

Reactions: Poney70
Hello guys, since today I can't use Google pay anymore. I used it for month and today suddenly it's not usable anymore. It says, that my phone is not Google protect certified. I didn't chance anything. I am using a Mi Note 10 Lite, no root no magisk, stick xiaomi.eu firmware 12.5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.