MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been mentioned above that Poco X3 (karna) is supported, then it means I can flash it on the Indian phone? I am a bit confused because the stock rom on my phone is 12.5.5 RJGINXM stable while in the download section it only shows 12.5.5 RJGMIXM which should be different.

It has been mentioned above that Poco X3 (karna) is supported, then it means I can flash it on the Indian phone? I am a bit confused because the stock rom on my phone is 12.5.5 RJGINXM stable while in the download section it only shows 12.5.5 RJGMIXM which should be different.
I should work, we never had anyone to confirm it.
The ROM looks properly configured for both the NFC (surya) and the non-NFC (karna) devices.

the only way to install 12.5.20 is via TWRP Recovery ?
does it have fastboot
thanks
Why bolding?!
What's wrong with Recovery ROM?

Btw 12.5 means it is Android 11 and for Android 11 there are plenty of custom recoveries

For MIUI 13 (with A12), the lack of custom recoveries (they don't support A12 encryption yet), resulted with the needs for Fastboot ROMs

But Fastboot ROM means that you cannot do OTA - that's why the others actually cry for the opposite, why there are only Fastboot ROMs for MiUI 13

(OTA for Xiaomi.eu, Recovery ROMs means:
Updater app downloads the update, you reboot, phone automatically goes to the previously installed TWRP and installs the update

For Fastboot ROM you must manually download to the PC or transfer from the phone, unzip, boot to fastboot, etc - far less convenient than with Recovery ROMs)

Last edited:
Hi, I have a Mi 9 (Cepheus) currently having Xiaomi.eu 12.0.5 (Android 10). I would like to update to this latest stable Xiaomi.eu 12.5. My main concern is data loss; do I have to format /data, and therefore I have to back up my apps and photos/videos prior to the upgrade?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi, I have a Mi 9 (Cepheus) currently having Xiaomi.eu 12.0.5 (Android 10). I would like to update to this latest stable Xiaomi.eu 12.5. My main concern is data loss; do I have to format /data, and therefore I have to back up my apps and photos/videos prior to the upgrade?

Thank you!
Formatting is not mandatory, but a backup is always a good idea.

Do I have to uninstall Magisk before the upgrade?
Installation will overwrite the boot.img patched by Magisk hence you will boot without Magisk

But next time you boot with Magisk, it will find your old modules and it may cause the bootloop if some module(s) are not compatible with the new ROM - hence disable those modules before upgrading

---

Hence I used to do the following (lwhile upgrading Stable to Stable and many times last year Weeklies to Weeklies):

1) extract boot.img from the downloaded new Xiaomi.eu and patch by Magisk
2) disable Smali Patcher module (from my modules, that was the only one depending on the upgrade and causing a bootloop)
3) switch to TWRP and install the new Xiaomi.eu ROM
4) while still in TWRP, flash the new patched boot img from (1)
5) Reboot to the upgraded Xiaomi.eu, with Magisk already up and running

However, that assume upgrade from Stable to Stable (or Weekly to Weekly) in which case you don't format Data (bcs Magisk database and modules stay on /data/adb)

And it assumes MIUI 12-12.5, ie A11, hence Recovery ROMs that install through TWRP (you are asking in that thread)

Installation will overwrite the boot.img patched by Magisk hence you will boot without Magisk

But next time you boot with Magisk, it will find your old modules and it may cause the bootloop if some module(s) are not compatible with the new ROM - hence disable those modules before upgrading

---

Hence I used to do the following (lwhile upgrading Stable to Stable and many times last year Weeklies to Weeklies):

1) extract boot.img from the downloaded new Xiaomi.eu and patch by Magisk
2) disable Smali Patcher module (from my modules, that was the only one depending on the upgrade and causing a bootloop)
3) switch to TWRP and install the new Xiaomi.eu ROM
4) while still in TWRP, flash the new patched boot img from (1)
5) Reboot to the upgraded Xiaomi.eu, with Magisk already up and running

However, that assume upgrade from Stable to Stable (or Weekly to Weekly) in which case you don't format Data (bcs Magisk database and modules stay on /data/adb)

And it assumes MIUI 12-12.5, ie A11, hence Recovery ROMs that install through TWRP (you are asking in that thread)
good description… one hint

if you hide magisk by itself, unhide it before update

Reactions: JustinRead
good description… one hint

if you hide magisk by itself, unhide it before update
You mean "Hide Magisk application" - that should be reverted by "Restore Magisk application" before upgrading Magisk

Of course you can do that also before upgrading the ROM, but it won't matter - unless something goes wrong and you will need to fully reinstall Magisk (incl. the Magisk app)

---

Actually it does matter if instead of patching and flashing the boot.img you use the old school:to rename magisk.apk to install.zip and flash through TWRP

But I advised to use the officially recommended method patch and flash (in which case the Magisk app won't be reinstalled when you only upgrade the ROM and there will be no conflict with the previously hidden/renamed Magisk app)

Just one more reason that users finally learn and settle with the 'new' method patching and flashinf (officially recommended by TJW on his Magisk GitHub since the late 2017 or so) instead of going forever with the old way flashing Magisk through TWRP (and then being surprised how to install the Magisk when they bump to A12 with no available TWRP yet)

Sorry all for OT

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
Hello, please advise where to look for the problem. For 1 week the phone stopped recording calls. Saves blank files for 2-3 seconds. I cleared the data of the recorder and the dialer, but there is no change. Could this be related to the XIAOMI BUDS 3 I bought recently? I make the calls without them being connected, but I still don't record the calls. MIUI 12.5.6.0 RFKCNXM stable -MI 9T Pro

thanks in advance

Solved!

Last edited:
Hi , I'm currently on Xiaomi.eu Miui 11.0.7 stable on Redmi note 8 (ginkgo), but for some unknown reason Facebook app is draining my battery on last weeks. more than my screen on.
So I would like to upgrade to Xiaomi.eu Miui 12.5.4.0 but i like to ear some comments before to move to this version.
Is really worth it the change?
thank you

Hi , I'm currently on Xiaomi.eu Miui 11.0.7 stable on Redmi note 8 (ginkgo), but for some unknown reason Facebook app is draining my battery on last weeks. more than my screen on.
So I would like to upgrade to Xiaomi.eu Miui 12.5.4.0 but i like to ear some comments before to move to this version.
Is really worth it the change?
thank you
FB is draining the brain much more than the battery.
But you can upgrade your SW.

FB is draining the brain much more than the battery.
But you can upgrade your SW.
I agree with you , but I use FB for business purposes only.

upgraded my SW yesterday , now I will see if my battery goes better or not.

Thank you for your reply.

Any way to install recovery rom miui 12 stable via fastboot
Because i am getting error in twrp
System_root, vendor, product, odm invalid argument
Currently i am on 12.5.4 indian rom
I tried 11.0.25, 12.5.7 and 12.5.10 stable roms
But no luck in twrp
Phone: mi 10 umi

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk

Any way to install recovery rom miui 12 stable via fastboot
Because i am getting error in twrp
System_root, vendor, product, odm invalid argument
Currently i am on 12.5.4 indian rom
I tried 11.0.25, 12.5.7 and 12.5.10 stable roms
But no luck in twrp
Phone: mi 10 umi

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk
Why don't you try orange fox recovery?

guys please help, how to fix slow open applications on 12.5.4 i have redmi note 8t?
Did you make a clean install of .EU Rom?
I make a dirty install coming from 11.0.7 stable and I noticed a slightly delay when open apps on 12.5.4
I performed a clean install with format data and I noticed a better performance on opening apps.
Now I'm checking if the battery goes better than miui 11. But is too early I need to wait some charging cycles to check battery performance

Did you make a clean install of .EU Rom?
I make a dirty install coming from 11.0.7 stable and I noticed a slightly delay when open apps on 12.5.4
I performed a clean install with format data and I noticed a better performance on opening apps.
Now I'm checking if the battery goes better than miui 11. But is too early I need to wait some charging cycles to check battery performance
Yes, I did a clean installation, but it still same

Yes, I did a clean installation, but it still same
Honestly I tried MIUI 12.5.4 on Redmi note 8 with clean installation but I'm very disappointed with the performance. It was very laggy , sometimes I received a call and screen doesn't turned on. When I opened settings and tried to navigate sometimes It was needed to scroll twice with my finger to see a response on the screen.
Visually it was better than MIUI 11 but I prefer a better performance than visual.
So I decided to went back to MIUI 11.0.7 stable.
And now my phone is running like a lightning ⚡

Honestly I tried MIUI 12.5.4 on Redmi note 8 with clean installation but I'm very disappointed with the performance. It was very laggy , sometimes I received a call and screen doesn't turned on. When I opened settings and tried to navigate sometimes It was needed to scroll twice with my finger to see a response on the screen.
Visually it was better than MIUI 11 but I prefer a better performance than visual.
So I decided to went back to MIUI 11.0.7 stable.
And now my phone is running like a lightning ⚡
I hope the miui 13 for rn8t will be better than 12.5.4

Reactions: charliert
Hello!
Recently rolled back to 12.5.8 on my mi 11 lite. And I would like to stay with this version.
So is there a way to get rid of these notifications?
11.png
22.png

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.