• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-28-20-51-34-357_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-28-20-51-34-357_com.android.settings.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 236
hi,
i have installed the xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.5.8.0.RJGMIXM_v12-11.zip over the 12.5.7 version
all fine but bluetooth don't start since update ...
when you start bluetooth you see the info bluetooth starts then the buetooth button goes back to grey like before start and it is not active

does anyone have an idea how to fix this ? is the Rom possibly the wrong driver ?

in 12.5.7 bluetooth worked perfectly but since update dead... unfortunately I can nciht back to 12.5.7 then MIUI does not start.... so i am trapped on 12.5.8

thanks for help

magikyr

Hi,

Mi10pro user here, through setting=> update i can't upgrade from v12.5.10 to the update found v13.0.4.0, i remember seing there was an issue with updater, but can't find the post. Do i need to update through TWRP ?

(sorry if not the good place to post)

Hi,

Mi10pro user here, through setting=> update i can't upgrade from v12.5.10 to the update found v13.0.4.0, i remember seing there was an issue with updater, but can't find the post. Do i need to update through TWRP ?

(sorry if not the good place to post)
MIUI 13 (Android 12 really) installs through fastboot only.
It's all explained in the first post, as usual.

MIUI 13 (Android 12 really) installs through fastboot only.
It's all explained in the first post, as usual.
That I got, and that's why I was on the miui12 thread ;)

My question was not clear sry, was more to update to the last MIUI 12 version as MIUI13 is only on fastboot as I'm not very clear on the fastboot method and risks of loosing data etc..

That I got, and that's why I was on the miui12 thread ;)

My question was not clear sry, was more to update to the last MIUI 12 version as MIUI13 is only on fastboot as I'm not very clear on the fastboot method and risks of loosing data etc..
I still don't get your question. You already have the latest EU MIUI 12 Stable version available.
You get the update notification because there is a MIUI 13 version available. You can't install that through recovery.

Even if you could install it through recovery, you'd still be forced to do a clean install because you are switching Android versions (11 to 12), thus losing data and having to deal with app and personal data backups, etc.

I still don't get your question. You already have the latest EU MIUI 12 Stable version available.
You get the update notification because there is a MIUI 13 version available. You can't install that through recovery.

Even if you could install it through recovery, you'd still be forced to do a clean install because you are switching Android versions (11 to 12), thus losing data and having to deal with app and personal data backups, etc.
I thought there were a latest EU MIUI 12 Stable version, but no and your explanations are crystal clear.

Gonna prepare for a clean install then

It gets extremely slow after boot, and sometimes crashes after boot if I try to use the phone before ~5min

Mi 9t

It gets extremely slow after boot, and sometimes crashes after boot if I try to use the phone before ~5min

Mi 9t
I'm running the latest 12.5.2 Stable on my Mi 9T since it was released (and an earlier Stable prior to that, and Weeklies for who knows how long), and never had that problem

With new Magisk and specially Zygisk, Shamiko it rakes me two minutes or so to boot but if I disable Magisk it boots fine

(Ok, it's not that fast and responsive as MIUi 10/11 used to be, but that's the price of upgrading MIUI to an old phone)

Factory reset should help
At least (without loosing your data and settings), try first:
- In TWRP, Wipe Dalwik and Cache
- also in TWRP, File Manager, navigate to /data/system/package_cache and delete that (sub)folder

If needed, google to find how to use advance features in TWRP

Last edited:
Reactions: Giapeto
I'm running the latest 12.5.2 Stable on my Mi 9T since it was released (and an earlier Stable prior to that, and Weeklies for who knows how long), and never had that problem

With new Magisk and specially Zygisk, Shamiko it rakes me two minutes or so to boot but if I disable Magisk it boots fine

(Ok, it's not that fast and responsive as MIUi 10/11 used to be, but that's the price of upgrading MIUI to an old phone)

Factory reset should help
At least (without loosing your data and settings), try first:
- In TWRP, Wipe Dalwik and Cache
- also in TWRP, File Manager, navigate to /data/system/package_cache and delete that (sub)folder

If needed, google to find how to use advance features in TWRP
It seems it solved by simply wiping dalvik/art cache and cache.

Thanks.

I would have remained on miui.eu 10/11 too but I haven't found a way to update system apps.

It seems it solved by simply wiping dalvik/art cache and cache.

Thanks.

I would have remained on miui.eu 10/11 too but I haven't found a way to update system apps.
If you root (install Magisk) then you install LSPosed (Magisk module) and then CustoMIUIzer (LSPosed module).
From CustoMIUIzer you can enable Settings / System apps update (when disabled in Xiaomi.eu ROM)

Installation of Magisk (specially for the new Magisk v24 and current v25.1) are covered in separate threads (guides and Q&A) here on Xiaomi.eu forum

Last edited:
HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!
I'm currently on Xiaomi Eu 12.0.5 ROM and I want to upgrade to Xiaomi Eu 12.5 ROM but I don't know the TWRP version to download. Can someone recommend one for me‽‽‽
Note: Currently on Xiaomi Eu 12.0.5 Android 11.
is better Orange Fox had less issues than TWRP

HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!
I'm currently on Xiaomi Eu 12.0.5 ROM and I want to upgrade to Xiaomi Eu 12.5 ROM but I don't know the TWRP version to download. Can someone recommend one for me‽‽‽
Note: Currently on Xiaomi Eu 12.0.5 Android 11.
You didn't specify the phone model

Anyway, go to TWRP.me (official TWRP site) and download the latest TWRP version FOR YOUR PHONE

Official TWRP does work for A11

Hi
Mi9T user here. I recently crossed over to xiaomi.eu from GLOBAL ROM. I have two bugs though that drive me crazy. Both happen after couple of hours using the device. Only reboot helps.

1. The recent apps manager/task manager stops working for some apps. The app preview dissapears (although the app title is still on the list) and i can't switch to that app.
2. On the lockscreen, the double tap gesture wakes the screen up for a split second and the screen turns off again. I can wake the screen up only by pushing the power button.

Has anyone else experienced these bugs? Is there a solution?

Last edited:
Hi
Mi9T user here. I recently crossed over to xiaomi.eu from GLOBAL ROM. I have two bugs though that drive me crazy. Both happen after couple of hours using the device. Only reboot helps.

1. The recent apps manager/task manager stops working for some apps. The app preview dissapears (although the app title is still on the list) and i can't switch to that app.
2. On the lockscreen, the double tap gesture wakes the screen up for a split second and the screen turns off again. I can wake the screen up only by pushing the power button.

Has anyone else experienced these bugs? Is there a solution?
Also Mi 9T, I was on weeklies and when they stopped (long ago) turned to Stable

No problems (as above - I used as daily driver till few months ago when I got new phone)

Did you properly Format Data when switching the ROM

If you did, you can still try (from TWRP):
- Wipe Dalwik and Cache
- wipe (Advanced, File mngr) /data/system/package_cache

Hello, I discover your rom today and it looks like it's an amazing job. I should change from my official rom to this one to avoid bying a new smartphone (I have a redmi note 9 pro) because of the size of my storage. Is there a tweak to format sd as internal storage ?
It seems that Xiaomi remove this functionality on MIUI (to sell more smartphone when capacity is full ? :emoji_smile:).

Thanks for your reply !

Last edited:
You should perform an internet search to find an specific method to match your scenario/necessities.

However, here it is a method I use for a RN9S, proceed at your own responsibility.

Hello, I discover your rom today and it looks like it's an amazing job. I should change from my official rom to this one to avoid bying a new smartphone (I have a redmi note 9 pro) because of the size of my storage. Is there a tweak to format sd as internal storage ?
It seems that Xiaomi remove this functionality on MIUI (to sell more smartphone when capacity is full ? :emoji_smile:).

Thanks for your reply !

Hello everybody. Humbly coming for help. Excuse my english, I'll try my best. I will also try to give you as much info as possible.

Phone: Redmi Note 8T (willow / M1908C3XG), ROM: MIUI Global 12.5.5.0 RCXEUXM.
It's my uncle's phone. I bought him veuxg recently.

Last month, I unlocked bootloader and succesfully flashed his new veuxg with my uncle's Mi Account. Then we tried to unlock this willow. I got message that I can't unlock more phones this month with the same account. So we tried it today and phone's bootloader was unlocked immediately, without waiting time. It have open lock symbol on booting screen and Unlocked status in Settings menu. Mi Unlock also saying It's unlocked.

Now I'm trying to install TWRP and "local" stable ROM. I'm following the non A/B devices guide. But I can't install TWRP.
I've tried many fastboot toolkits, including SDK Platform-Tools and unofficial XiaoMiTool V2. Tried many TWRPs, OrangeFox...in command window on PC i have no errors. Everything seems to be fine. Device is visible.
Trying to flash, command: "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" - it says it has succesfully done. Then I make "fastboot reboot recovery" and it stays on boting screen (Redmi logo, powered by Android, opened lock symbol). Same with only boot - "fastboot boot twrp.img". If I'm trying to manually boot with physical keys, it boots into Mi Recovery 5.0.

Everything I'm doing on same PC (Win10), same cable, same USB port. I had no problems with my alioth or uncle's new veuxg.

Do you have any idea what's wrong? Any advice how to success? If you need more information, I will post it tomorrow.

EDIT: No SIM inserted, no WiFi connection.

Many many thanks in advance for your help. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
any way to install recovery rom 12.5.10 stable through fastboot for UMI (mi 10)
i am getting an error whenever i try to install any recovery rom (i f****ked up my EFS partition after that getting this error)
unable to mount vendor, product odm (invalid argument)
but i can install any fastboot rom without any problem
i don't want to install miui 13, i don't want to install weekly fastboot android 12 roms

any way to install recovery rom 12.5.10 stable through fastboot for UMI (mi 10)
i am getting an error whenever i try to install any recovery rom (i f****ked up my EFS partition after that getting this error)
unable to mount vendor, product odm (invalid argument)
but i can install any fastboot rom without any problem
i don't want to install miui 13, i don't want to install weekly fastboot android 12 roms
what do you want? you mentioned fastboot rom install with recovery rom? tell us in detail what you want and what you did. we dont have a glass sphere…

Status
Not open for further replies.