MIUI 12.02 Encryption Bug (Mi Note 10 Lite)

r00t34

Members
Nov 20, 2020
Hi Xiaomi Family,

Hope you are well. I am new on Xiaomi world. I bought Mi Note 10 Lite yesterday and i looked Encryption feature first because i really love Encryption but i realized something Encryption is already enabled by default. I have some questions below. If you can answer i would really appreciated.

1) If phone is already encrypted what/where is encryption key? Is that my lock screen pattern?
2) Is this phone has FBE or FDE? And what is the differences between FBE and FDE? Which one is good?

Kind Regards.

Last edited:
1) Lockscreen pattern or PIN. With Android 11 pattern works better.
2) FBE as far as I know. Difference between FBE and FDE? You can find a lot of descriptions on Google.

Reactions: geoorg
1) Lockscreen pattern or PIN. With Android 11 pattern works better.
2) FBE as far as I know. Difference between FBE and FDE? You can find a lot of descriptions on Google.

I didn't ask which one is good pattern or PIN. Could you please read my question again? And i know Google have lots of article about this but i am confused about that and i wanna learn from someone who has experiences.

I didn't ask which one is good pattern or PIN. Could you please read my question again? And i know Google have lots of article about this but i am confused about that and i wanna learn from someone who has experiences.
And I didn't say which one is good, read my answer again. I said on Android 11 pattern works better than PIN: In TWRP most times you can't decrypt with PIN but with pattern.

@r00t34 you need to pay more attention and be grateful.
@MeiGuddet already answered you questions here.
He is sharing his experience with you. How will you learn if you snap at him?
He is correct in all the answers he gave

I wonder is my pattern=encryption key for decrypt? I couldn't understand the encryption issue.

I wonder is my pattern=encryption key for decrypt? I couldn't understand the encryption issue.
It's because there is no encryption issue... ^^

And yes, your password/pin/pattern for unlocking your device = your encryption password. ;)