Miui 12 vs 12.5 Stability/Battery & Root Question

-Skyrider-

Members
Mar 12, 2021
Okay . so.. I've been wanting to flash a custom ROM, but I'm having some second thoughts. So, if anyone is willing to answer.

- How is the stability difference between 12 and 12.5?

- How is the battery life compared to 12/12.5 and stock? I've noticed some replies that there's more battery drain in the custom rom vs stock. Though unsure if this applies to 12.5 only (over 12)

- And do I have to root every time I update the OS on every update?

I've also noticed the following:
  • For ROOT install Magisk (may cause lags and fingerprint issue) in TWRP and reboot one more time after install to get rid of system lags
What defines "fingerprint issue"? That's not explained. Is this a constant issue, or 1x after reboot?

I'm using the Poco F2 pro, aka Redmi K30 Pro.

Regards,
Skyrider

Last edited:
I ~don't wanna be that guy, but please state your device too. There might be huge differences between each model..
But because I ~don't wanna leave without helping, well, recently gallery app started consuming huge amount of battery energy, but deleting its data (and removing mi account) I probably fixed it. Also, I ~don't exactly know the reason why I have to flash magisk after having to first boot into the rom, but eh, been ~doing this (on canary) and magisk works very well.
(Btw, the magisk zip you shared is 17.0, now I think its in 22.)

I ~don't wanna be that guy, but please state your device too. There might be huge differences between each model..
You are absolutely right, my apologies. I'm using the Poco F2 pro, aka Redmi K30 Pro.

As for the magisk, I haven't looked into that yet version wise as the device is still locked. ^_^

Done. Do you know if there are any downsides/more battery drain between 12/12.5? Not sure what you are using at the moment.
Oh, didn't specify indeed. I'm hsing the latest beta rom (12.5). Also xiaomi implemented an "ai charging" system slowing down night charges. (This can probably be bypassed if you know what you're doing, with AccA.)

Reactions: -Skyrider-
What defines "fingerprint issue"? That's not explained. Is this a constant issue, or 1x after reboot?
Look at the word "may"
So it doesn't necessarily have to happen, but just in case it does they provide a solution.
.and no it's not a constant thing. It has never happened on my device.
And maybe newer versions of magisk don't have this issue? Because as @Blastboom Strice pointed out... it's a very old version of magisk linked there.

Look at the word "may"
So it doesn't necessarily have to happen, but just in case it does they provide a solution.
.and no it's not a constant thing. It has never happened on my device.
And maybe newer versions of magisk don't have this issue? Because as @Blastboom Strice pointed out... it's a very old version of magisk linked there.
I think what he describes is what you also had told me: to flash magisk after booting into the rom, not exactly rught after I flash the rom
It maybe prevents any complication :emoji_shrug:.

I think what he describes is what you also had told me: to flash magisk after booting into the rom, not exactly rught after I flash the rom
It maybe prevents any complication :emoji_shrug:.
Yes it it quit helpful to pinpoint if a bootloop is root related (because of a magisk module), or upgrade gone wrong.
The point i was making with the previous post is that the fingerprint and lags are not something that will always happen.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice