New MIUI 13 Xiaomi 12s pro not displaying android auto

carlosgg

Members
Dec 24, 2022
Hi, I used to have a Xiaomi mi 10T global version and everything worked fine with my car and my phone. When I upgraded to a Xiaomi 12S pro with V13.0.12.0 SLECNXM it displayed the notification, despite that neither the car or the app (didn't displayed the car on connected cars) seemed to detect the android Auto.

I did a research and seemed some people had problems with Android auto, decided to update to V13.0.18.0.SLECNXM, but nothing changed.

It have been a couple of updates for Android auto, but everything remained the same :(

Screenshot_2022-12-24-18-03-20-096_com.miui.home.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-24-18-00-22-629_com.google.android.projection.gearhead.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-24-18-19-33-182_com.google.android.projection.gearhead.jpg

Hello mate!
It seems I have a similar problem with my 12S Ultra.
Firstly I though this is a pure smartphone issue, but then I tested that Android Auto is working fine when I connect to my motorcycle (Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports 2020 with multimedia system firmware version 3.10).
Per my findings so far, this is an incompatibility between my smartphone and the specific car (Skoda Octavia A8 with multimedia system MEN3 (MIB3 Entry). By the way, neither multimedia system update to version 1765 or smartphone update from MIUI 13 to MIUI 14 helped to fix the issue that's why I continue my research.

So, what is the car and multimedia system you have? Have you tried to connect it to another car?

Last edited:
Hello mate!
Firstly I though this is a pure smartphone issue, but then I tested that Android Auto is working fine when I connect to my motorcycle (Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports 2020 with multimedia system firmware version 3.10).
Per my findings so far, this is an incompatibility between my smartphone and the specific car (Skoda Octavia A8 with multimedia system MEN3 (MIB3 Entry). By the way, neither multimedia system update to version 1765 or smartphone update to MIUI 14 helped to fix the issue that's why I continue my research.

So, what is the car and multimedia system you have? Have you tried to connect it to another car?
Hi mate, I don't have another vehicle with Android auto; I will try on a friend's car and update here how it went.

My car is a MG G5 2022 running  Qt version 5.8.0.

My previous phone was running MIUI 12.5.12, so maybe it can be a problem with MIUI 13 or later.
Will try updating my 10T and see if it is a MIUi problem or maybe just a problem with the EU ROM

Hello mate!
Per my findings so far, this is an incompatibility between my smartphone and the specific car (Skoda Octavia A8 with multimedia system MEN3 (MIB3 Entry). By the way, neither multimedia system update to version 1765 or smartphone update from MIUI 13 to MIUI 14 helped to fix the issue that's why I continue my research.

I just tried with my friends Toyota Corolla 2022 and it worked normally... What a shame that my phone doesn't work with my car :(

• Sad
Reactions: purgenerator
I just tried with my friends Toyota Corolla 2022 and it worked normally... What a shame that my phone doesn't work with my car :(
So, we need to find out how to troubleshoot that. I assume that some applications that help to tweak Android Auto could probably help us. I will dig into that once I have time and share if I found something useful or if my research has failed :)

Reactions: carlosgg
@carlosgg
Did you try to disable Android Debugging once? I had a similar issue years ago on my Motorola Moto G. Everytime I had USB Debugging enabled or Debugging developer settings at all (can't remember which one) I had this issue.
Just saw in your first screenshot.

@carlosgg
Did you try to disable Android Debugging once? I had a similar issue years ago on my Motorola Moto G. Everytime I had USB Debugging enabled or Debugging developer settings at all (can't remember which one) I had this issue.
Just saw in your first screenshot.
Hi, yes I tried with USB debugging off. Actually I also tested with same cable, same phone, different car and in the other car worked but not on mine :(

when is Xiaomi going to fix this major flaw with their phones!
11T Pro on 13.0.16 Android Auto doesn't connect to any car from my phone.
My wifes Pixel phone no issues on any of our cars.

Starting to look like poor quality products from Xiaomi and very little support to resolve

Reactions: Odranoel15
when is Xiaomi going to fix this major flaw with their phones!
11T Pro on 13.0.16 Android Auto doesn't connect to any car from my phone.
My wifes Pixel phone no issues on any of our cars.

Starting to look like poor quality products from Xiaomi and very little support to resolve
How would you know? You're not on a Xiaomi-affiliated website right now.

Finally SOLVED: PLEASE NOTE this issue was with a 11T with MIUI 13 and 14: Just to let you know, after had tried with 5 different brands, thickness, speeds and length of cables and USB hubs (2.0, 3.1, etc) they didn't work, so, after make different tests with computers, cellular phones, cables and hubs; I realized the problem is not with Android Auto OR the cables, but the USB handshaking speed protocol Xiaomi has on the phone at hardware level!(I'm assuming the IO libraries are similar to several brands because Android provides the mobile operating system, but the HW) so, to solved. I bought the following adapter which convert USB signal into bluetooth signal to avoid the interaction between the phone and the car with Cellular USB port; using the bluetooth instead... And cheers!!! It worked: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005178073258.html