New miui 3.1.11 themes consumes internal memory

Turab

Members
Mar 14, 2013
I've been messing around with different MIUI themes and noticed that my internal memory space has drastically decreased since applying all of these different themes. I thought that when I changed from one theme to the next, it would delete the files for one theme and add the new files, but it doesn't seem to be working that way. Every time I apply a new theme, my internal space keeps going down as if the files from my previous themes are still being stored somewhere.

Is there any way to regain the lost space from older themes i'm not using anymore?

You can delete themes in at least 2 ways:

1. Open the Themes app --> Click on the theme you want to delete --> Click the dustbin icon in the lower right hand corner
2. Open File Explorer --> Navigate to MIUI/Theme --> Delete unused files.

You can also check that you haven't selected auto-backup in the Backup app, if you have, delete some old backups!

I bring that old thread again since the themes app is missing the dustbin nowadays and the file structure of - > MIUI -> themes is quite confusing to me :-[

How do you remove unused themes?

Continuing my quest I found the solution myself ;-)
Open the themes app, select the theme you want to remove and scroll down ... there you'll find a big red button called "DELETE" :-D B-)