New Miui 6 - Mi3W - Music

Iain_B

Members
Mar 25, 2013
1) There is a predominance of the server based chinese music. A search does not bring up any of my music files - only the chinese ones on the server.
2) The track sort under the albums is alphabetical, not by track number.
3) All my tracks have a down arrow on the right-hand side relating to some function on the server, and when clicked gives message, 'Couldn't connect to server'. This, surely, is where the Favourites indicator should be?

1) Because MIUI is Chinese rom. And you search in online content not local.
2) No option to change that unless there is number in track name.
3) Arrows means you have downloaded music from online and stored on local but there is better quality for this song to download. In other words you have that song in your music library but there's the same song with better quality in online database. But that requires a monthly payment for highest music quality. Unfortunately this doesn't work for us.

Wysłane z MI4 W

I am making a comparison to the music app the V5, which I still have on my Mi-1s, and which I used all the time.

1. In V5, the local files were kept separate from the online ones. A search would only bring up local files. In V6, selecting Local / Local music / Search, this brings up chinese online music even before the search is started. So, can I search for my own music files now, or not?
2. In V5, the sort is by track number, reading this from the Track# tag. (I put that in as a bug report, and it was resolved.) In V6, the Track# tags are being ignored. The result is that you can only play an album in alphabetical order, not the natural order.
3. As I said above, there is a predominance of the chinese server music. If the music app is intended for the international market, there should be a way to exclude the chinese server music, again as was done with the V5 app.
Thanks

Last edited:
The Music app is not intended for international market. There's only one music content provider which is Baidu Music.
And it was Baidu all the time, also on v5.

Wysłane z MI4 W

I hope they will change the track sorting... how ridiculous is that? The app is completely useless with that setting

I don't know whether the V5 used the track# or file name to sort under the album - my file names are normally in the format: Artist - album - track# - title. So either sort would have put them into their correct order.

Well.. It seems not that important as for today I haven't even noticed that the Music uses different sorting. I use Music app without problem.

Well.. It seems not that important as for today ...
I suspect that few in the music industry would agree with you there.
I hope that Baidu will be looking at getting more of the functionality back that they had in V5. As it is at the moment, it is not really geared to people listening to their own music.

Out of interest, where should bugs / suggestions be reported? Should they be done on this, or another, website, or should we just leave it on the reporting on the 'Report Bug' app?

I made a download of a ringtone to use on the whattsapp, but when I try to install it the file just don't appear to me because, I just see it when I open the explorer

I made a download of a ringtone to use on the whattsapp, but when I try to install it the file just don't appear to me because, I just see it when I open the explorer
When you see it in explorer, remember where it is located.
Go into WhatsApp; Settings; Notifications; under Message Notifications, click on "Notification tone" and navigate to the location you remembered from explorer, and click on that file. That should set up the notification (ringtone) for WhatsApp.

yes , i tried to find , but when I open to select the ringtone it gives me two options, one is the xiaomi music app ( where i can't find , even I've already paste and copy the ringtone to the music file ) and the recorder

yes , i tried to find , but when I open to select the ringtone it gives me two options, one is the xiaomi music app ( where i can't find , even I've already paste and copy the ringtone to the music file ) and the recorder
I can only go by what happens with me. I am using the Mi-3W, with Miui V6, 4.9.26, with WhatsApp V.2.11.378.
I have also checked on my Mi-1S, which is Miui V5, 4.8.22, with WhatsApp V.2.11.335. They both have exactly the same result.
Maybe you could try re-installing WhatsApp?