Miui 8.3.8 Oreo -test And Report Bugs

Mammad

Members
Dec 6, 2016
First thing first : If you come from Android 7, Don't forget to clean flash the ROM means: Wipe: cache/Dalvik/system/data and then flash the ROM
I used Magisk v.16 and everything is ok!
No Major Bugs So Far but:
Proximity Sensor: go to about and tap 7 times on kernel version and in Test Mode calibrate it again = result = Solved
Dual apps problem: I tested the clone app created with dual apps and Telegram and whatsapp got error while trying to download or open file from them!
The power consumption is higher than the Nougat, just a little bit!
Speed of Animation is low but not too much!
Sound Quality is good
Well,Lets Report Bugs here and wait for the team to fix them

Last edited:
Hey, I flashed the 8.3.2 release and after a very slow setup (keyboard not showing up, alert that the phone was locked because lost, etc) I managed to restore my MIUI backup. The phone was not only slow, laggy and took a few seconds to open any app, for me it was literally unusable. I flashed and older release for now.

Reactions: its0x08
Installed 8.3.2 After a full wipe. All ok Only reported bugs are present.

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: its0x08
Phone is laggy = haven't flash with full Wipe!
For make the sensors works, just recalibrate them through test mode.
Go to about and tab 7 times on kernel version, test mode will lunch! There you can recalibrate sensors!

Dirty flash for me. Some very small things, but not properly bug.
The only problem is the animations. After disable animations the phone works without problems.
Battery consumption a little bit heavy. Maybe in the next release it will be better.

Hello everyone, I have this problem, it's possible to fix ?
Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-06-18-37-53-804_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-03-06-18-37-53-804_com.miui.home.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 870
when the hell is Mi5 going to get the update ? 9 8.3.2-8.0 ****ed my phone totally! systemUI crashes everytime I unlock the screen, camera gets used by a mysterious app in background so i cant access it either, battery drains in less than 10 hours while before the update was 24 minimum lifetime, is slow as hell, and many more ****** stuff..
u either fix oreo on mi5 either show us the way to downgrade to nougat bcz like this is hard to live ... left yesterday battery 50% before sleeping and today i woke up at 11 and missed everything bcz the alarm didn't ring .. guess what? battery was 0% on idle!!... wtf ppl do something-_-

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

when the hell is Mi5 going to get the update ? 9 8.3.2-8.0 ****ed my phone totally! systemUI crashes everytime I unlock the screen, camera gets used by a mysterious app in background so i cant access it either, battery drains in less than 10 hours while before the update was 24 minimum lifetime, is slow as hell, and many more ****** stuff..
u either fix oreo on mi5 either show us the way to downgrade to nougat bcz like this is hard to live ... left yesterday battery 50% before sleeping and today i woke up at 11 and missed everything bcz the alarm didn't ring .. guess what? battery was 0% on idle!!... wtf ppl do something-_-

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Have you flashed with full wipe?
Anyone clean flashed the ROM, haven't faced any problem!
Power consumption is high but not as you say!

Last edited:
has anybody also problems with cloned Whatsapp? I can not send or download any media in the cloned version. I try'ed also new install with no luck. i use now 1x Whatsapp (classic) and 1x Whatsapp Business it works perfect as fix for now.

Last edited:
has anybody also problems with cloned Whatsapp? I can not send or download any media in the cloned version. I try'ed also new install with no luck. i use now 1x Whatsapp (classic) and 1x Whatsapp Business it works perfect as fix for now.
Yes, Dual apps for Telegram and Whatsapp have problem!!! you can't download or open any file from the clone one!

I've got only 27 hardware tests.
This isn't only mine single problem, a lot of users in miui Poland also cant use proximity sensor

Attachments

• 28907341_1457811921007514_1496198053_n.png
    28907341_1457811921007514_1496198053_n.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 432
Read the first post!
Just for the first time after upgrading to Oreo, you will need to recalibrate it again!
After a restart you need to recalibrate it.

PS I read the first post and with the first oreo version too

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

is it me, or that android 8 on mi 5 is much more lag than nougat, ie, after opening few apps then the phone really, really slow.. so far the last week build fixes the proximity problem for me.

opening file manager from browser (any browser) will result in fc as well.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I first installed version 8.3.2 v9-8.0, I did not have any particular problem and no apparent bug.

I am installing version 8.3.8 v9-8.0 today but I have a bug with the wallpaper application that stops, I make a complete wipe and I install the latest version 8.3.22 and the Wallpaper application always stops ...

An idea?

I came back to 8.3.2 which works well.