New Miui 8 Redmi Note 2 Notifications Problem

Pijule3D

Members
Mar 23, 2017
Hello,
I have a problem with my device, it's been a few days since it has stopped sending me notifications when I get a new message on wechat, there is neither the notification light, nor the message appearing on the lock screen. The phone vibrates when a new message comes but there is nothing else to indicate it apart from that, without having to go check directly on the application.
I checked a lot of topics on this matter already and I've tried everything that was suggested, but it is still not working for me.
I activated all the notifications options in wechat, the option to restrict background activities is off, the notification light is activated, the memory optimization is turned off, wechat notifications are set on "priority" (and notification light is activated, as well as lock screen notifications), battery saver is off (though it was on before and never prevented wechat from sending me notifications), wechat backaground settings are set on "no restrictions" and "allow background location", autostart is also enabled.
I tried to wipe cache, to reboot to system, nothing seems to be working. I DID manage to get back the notifications in the status bar when I'm using my phone (though I don't know what brought it back) but nothing seems to be working for when my device is in sleep mode.
Thanks for the help ~

Hello,
I have a problem with my device, it's been a few days since it has stopped sending me notifications when I get a new message on wechat, there is neither the notification light, nor the message appearing on the lock screen. The phone vibrates when a new message comes but there is nothing else to indicate it apart from that, without having to go check directly on the application.
I checked a lot of topics on this matter already and I've tried everything that was suggested, but it is still not working for me.
I activated all the notifications options in wechat, the option to restrict background activities is off, the notification light is activated, the memory optimization is turned off, wechat notifications are set on "priority" (and notification light is activated, as well as lock screen notifications), battery saver is off (though it was on before and never prevented wechat from sending me notifications), wechat backaground settings are set on "no restrictions" and "allow background location", autostart is also enabled.
I tried to wipe cache, to reboot to system, nothing seems to be working. I DID manage to get back the notifications in the status bar when I'm using my phone (though I don't know what brought it back) but nothing seems to be working for when my device is in sleep mode.
Thanks for the help ~
Hello,
That ROM you have?
Try to upgrade if you are not the current version
Radical solution Wipe Data

I have a Redmi Note 3 with exactly the same problem since last year when Miui changed to MM. It is a bug that seems to affect only some people and I am still waiting to hear of anyone that has fixed the problem. I am now thinking I have either to try downgrading to an earlier version using LP or maybe making a data backup and a factory reset to try and clear the fault.

I have a Redmi Note 3 with exactly the same problem since last year when Miui changed to MM. It is a bug that seems to affect only some people and I am still waiting to hear of anyone that has fixed the problem. I am now thinking I have either to try downgrading to an earlier version using LP or maybe making a data backup and a factory reset to try and clear the fault.
Try wipe data