MIUI Australia closing

Discussion in 'Mi General' started by qbert456, Mar 10, 2013.

1. qbert456

qbert456Members

Feb 20, 2013
    http://www.miuiaustralia.com/?p=1080

Goodbye…

• Due to many factors, both Dan and myself have decided that we are no longer going to be developing MIUI/Xiaomi devices. So unfortunate as it is, that’s gonna be all from MIUI Australia.
    • I understand if your not happy with our decision, but at the end of the day, we are doing what is best for us. Simple as that.
    • So I would like to thank everyone who has been involved, past and present. Talbess, Fllash, Nana, MarkHUK, iBot, Pele, midian666/Kalashnikitty, XJ, Marange, M1Cha, dekkyy, fusionjack, and everyone else I’ve worked with in MIUI circles from time to time. Also drewis, Sandvold, dk-zero_cool, for their help with getting MIUI v4 up and running on the Desire, and anyone else I’ve forgotten.
    • I would also like to note that dekkyy and fusionjack will not be stopping their work, and will return to respective threads at XDA/MIUIAndroid, and have my full support and open invitation to ask me if they ever need help.
    • CosmicDan: “MIUI5 will not be developed for Xperia 2011 range. It was more of a hobby than anything, now my heart just isn’t in it any more. Sad to say it, but I bid farewell to the Xperia 2011 range”
    “Err…. It was fun while it lasted, but all good things come to an end.” – CosmicDan, 2013

kurgan likes this.
  2. iBotPeaches

iBotPeachesScript Gatekeeper

Oct 31, 2011
    Kansas
    No one said it was easy with what we do. Its really hard when you have a small team trying to do a lot. Which is probably what plagued them. Lenny's not gonna leave this easily :)

He'll hang around, not sure about Dan.

What separates us is the more amount of staff we have, and we all have our own task.
    • MarkHUK - Translations daily, builds the weekly English ROM via our scripts, hosts ROMs
    • iBotPeaches - Script Gatekeeper, Apktool
    • ingbrzy - Manages all the multi-lang REPOs, builds weekly Multi Lang. (not an easy task), also translator
    • Acid - Script Updater, Translator of Polish, finds all the tweaks / fixes for the ROM
    • Pele - literally nothing. just forum management.
    • Lenny - Hints and tips about hacks (4 way reboot, etc)
    • Magnetium - Hosting of ROMs
    • Celo - Hosting of ROMs
    • Caro - Hosting of ROMs
    • Goo - Mirror of (4 mirrors)

3. qbert456

qbert456Members

Feb 20, 2013
    It's much appreciated.

:)

4. MI1287695987

Jun 6, 2013
    Male