Miui Fingerprint Security?

Redmi3Pro

Members
Apr 7, 2016
Does MIUI adhere to the standard Android Fingerprint security. I mean that on android, when you first power on the phone (or reboot), the first unlock each time must be with your password/passcode/pattern before the fingerprint will work.

Does MIUI require this, hopefully it does as it's a big security issue if not.

Thanks.

Yes

~Tapatalk Mi5~
Great thank you. Also, does encryption work, how does that work with updating from TWRP.

All I need now is confirmation that MIUI8 on the Redmi 3 Pro is based on Android Marshmallow and I'm going to order. Hopefully we'll know when the beta is released in a week or two!

You prefer a phone with android 6 that doesn't get updates frequently over a phone with android 5.1 that gets updated every week? Don't be blind for that android version man. Doesn't say so much.

You prefer a phone with android 6 that doesn't get updates frequently over a phone with android 5.1 that gets updated every week? Don't be blind for that android version man. Doesn't say so much.
Within reason, I've been stung in the past so I now have a policy of never buying a phone if it's not running the latest Android version at the time of release/when I purchase.

Within reason, I've been stung in the past so I now have a policy of never buying a phone if it's not running the latest Android version at the time of release/when I purchase.
Almost none of xiaomi devices does. Only 4 or 5 are on Android 6. But they get very good support so what's the matter with Android version. What benefit do you get from higher android version you don't get from weekly updates? Xiaomi doesn't even include some of androids native features in their roms. Besides that there are probably custom roms you can flash if you insist on getting the latest Android version.

Almost none of xiaomi devices does. Only 4 or 5 are on Android 6. But they get very good support so what's the matter with Android version. What benefit do you get from higher android version you don't get from weekly updates? Xiaomi doesn't even include some of androids native features in their roms. Besides that there are probably custom roms you can flash if you insist on getting the latest Android version.
New Android version = new Android API. New apps require new API's, the newer the better for long term support.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history