Miui Global 8.1 (8.1.2.0 Maamidi) Tethering Not Work

Rodrigo76ITA

Members
Apr 22, 2017
Hello everyone,

On my Mi5 does not work tethering (I did not unlock with root). In the image you find the hardware and software information.

Screenshot_2017-04-22-11-39-44-363_com.android.settings.png

Thanks for your help.

Hello everyone,

On my Mi5 does not work tethering (I did not unlock with root). In the image you find the hardware and software information.

View attachment 15685
Thanks for your help.
Do you use dual SIM? I found out that tethering only works for me with one SIM inserted. With two SIM, even with one of them deactivated, it didn't work

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

Hello,

I updated my ROM (now it's Version: V8.2.2.0.NAAMIEB (MIUI8)).

Screenshot_2017-04-26-10-48-11-256_com.android.settings.png

I still have the problem, devices connecting via hotspot connect to the smartphone but do not surf the web.

thank you.

With only one SIM works :)

So the Dual-SIM? One colleague has two SIMs and the hotspot works, both SIMs have data traffic.

He has the Developer ROM version (7.x)

Thank you!

With only one SIM works :)

So the Dual-SIM? One colleague has two SIMs and the hotspot works, both SIMs have data traffic.

He has the Developer ROM version (7.x)

Thank you!
I had the same problem as you, but I was on Xiaomi.eu developer ROM. I tried changing to Stable ROM, didn't work. I tried changing to Global ROM, didn't work. While testing, I removed one of the SIM... and suddenly worked.

It has to be some kind of bug, maybe related to APN settings required by the carrier. Does your friend have the same carrier as you in both SIM? Or maybe it was solved on latest developer ROMs.

Global 8.1.2 here, wifi hotspot works fine, 2 SIMs, 2 connected devices.

I had the same problem as you, but I was on Xiaomi.eu developer ROM. I tried changing to Stable ROM, didn't work. I tried changing to Global ROM, didn't work. While testing, I removed one of the SIM... and suddenly worked.

It has to be some kind of bug, maybe related to APN settings required by the carrier. Does your friend have the same carrier as you in both SIM? Or maybe it was solved on latest developer ROMs.

My Friend has mine same carrier (H3G Italia); but he has same carrier on two sims.

Bye

Global 8.1.2 here, wifi hotspot works fine, 2 SIMs, 2 connected devices.
It seems to be something related to the carrier settings. Both SIM have the same carrier?

My Friend has mine same carrier (H3G Italia); but he has same carrier on two sims.

Bye
I tested with my phone with two SIM from the same carrier (Vodafone Spain). It works with both inserted. If I change one of them with a SIM from another carrier, Wi-fi hotspot doesn't work.

Yes, t-mobile
OK, in my phone with two SIM from the same carrier works fine too (8.1.4 global). The problem seams to appear when one of them is from another carrier.