MIUI killing my alarm clock - what to do?

Tiltowait

Members
Oct 10, 2013
I'm using [url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alarmclock.xtreme.free]Alarm Clock Xtreme Free[/url] in the app drawer. Last week, I overslept and lost $75 for a training session because my alarm didn't go off. I checked and it didn't go off because it wasn't in the app drawer.

This morning, I woke up a bit before my usual time and decided to check the alarm clock, just in case. Sure enough, it wasn't running and if I had slept I would have missed another $75 appointment. What's happening? The process is being killed somehow, even though it's in the app drawer and this shouldn't happen. How can I fix this?

I'd rather not use MIUI's default alarm app because Alarm Clock Xtreme Free has many, many useful features.

I have noticed that as well. I guess it's a "feature" that doesn't work like people want it to work. I haven't found any way to ignore certain apps from the app killing "feature".

Last edited:
It's also killed my data statistics app that also stays in the app drawer. My usage stats are wrong, but that's not nearly as important as the alarm clock.

I just found out that you can lock stuff in the app drawer. Instead of swiping it up, swipe it down. A lock should appear and the app should become unkillable for the MIUI clean up process.

Hold down the home button to open the app drawer. Hold you finger on the alarm clock app and drag it down. That should lock it. I tried it yesterday and it seems to work as I got woken up by Alarm Clock Extreme Free this morning.

I am using the WIUI ROM, but it doesn't say anything about this function, so I would guess it's a MIUI one.

Last edited:
I tried the "app locking" trick. However, that only affects programs running actively in the foreground. The alarm and data meter both run in the background, in the app drawer. They do not appear in the "broom screen" (whatever it's called when you hold down HOME). Thus, you cannot use this method.

Well, I see the app in the "broom screen" and it helps when I lock it. This is the second time that I got successfully woken by the Alarm Clock Extreme Free app :p

This is indeed some kind of feature of MIUI, although it should delay the alarm for a maximum of five minutes instead of killing it entirely.
You could try this --> http://en.miui.com/thread-8784-1-1.html
It has a feature that can disable this so called "feature" of MIUI

Delay the alarm? MIUI doesn't interact with Alarm Clock Xtreme Free's timing at all. What it does is kill the task to free some memory. This shouldn't be happening with apps in the app drawer, that's the whole point of the app drawer.