Miui Optimization - Explanation

ivo.hr

Members
Dec 11, 2016
Can anyone tell me what MIUI optimization under developer options means? What it affects?

Someone suggested to turn it off to get better data rates, it's turned on by default on my phone.

Reactions: Morvarid
Google search plz...http://en.miui.com/thread-384045-1-1.html
As far as I know, it doesn't have any affects on battery, and/or cpu performance,...

The different between 'on and off ' are:
- battery usage graphic reports
- screenshot image quality lower in off state

Conclusion:
OFF => it towards to native android GUI by google
ON => it towards to MIUI GUI

• Turn On MIUI Optimization : This option enables a pleothora of MIUI based settings & optimizations as per the guidelines set by the MIUI developers. This setting can sometimes cause a variety of issues on non-MIUI based apps such as Google Apps & Apps from Google Playstore. Its better to disable if you rely on Google Playstore for apps & services.

With the MIUI Optimization Enabled, some users reported the following issues.
- Cannot set third-party launcher like Nova, Apex or Google Now Launcher.
- Wallpaper cannot be set using in-built options via custom launchers.
- Occasional lags, stutters or freezes while scrolling web-pages & long lists.
- Custom apps set as default restore to default MIUI apps on reboot.
- Cannot set accessibility services on reboot.
- Background apps cannot sync data.
- Music players stop playing after sometime.
- UI Animations are not synced properly.

Last edited:
coolpi
The different between 'on and off ' are:
- battery usage graphic reports
- screenshot image quality lower in off state
i've found your same results but i try to be MORE PRECISE.
1) the battery usage report become the stock aosp android.... BUT you can still continue to enter the old miui battery report, entering in power menu, and battery stats.... in that way you return to the miui hardware/software report.
so imho..... it's GREAT to have all 2 types of report, having miui optimization OFF
(miui battery stats page is still there. you find it at battery>battery power>battery use .............. instead to open directly the battery>battery use menu ;))

2) i've noticed that the bad quality screenshot is only with HARDWARE BUTTONS. can you confirm?
usign the software button way, quality is perfect, just using power + vol down pictures are worse.
BUT I MUST ADMIT THAT i never used hardware method while the miui optimization was ON... so i should test it now to be sure that returning stock/ON the quality of screenshot will return perfect also hardware way. (maybe it was bugged also with miui optimization ON... just to say)

Last edited:
Reactions: losdukos