Preview MIUI ROM 2.10.19 Preview Changelog (Week 111)

Discussion in 'MIUI News' started by MarkHUK, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder & Sys Op
    Staff Member

In recent weeks in order to prepare for a more stable system we have spent more time on improving stability of the entire MIUI system. So with that said, the next few weeks will not see much new functionality so please understand this.

Recommended updates this week:

1. New version of user feedback system
    MIUI development team are always keen to get feedback from users. Often the forum is a great place to get feedback on bugs and other issues. We encourage users to start this week with using the feedback app, it can be found in the System Tools folder (by default). Cool new icons categorising issues such as System Reboots, Power consumption and more are added to make reporting of issues much easier.

2. New Online video streaming support
    Updated this week, more like a Desktop application for streaming online video resources. With this function you can search and watch videos on the Internet, Yoku, YouTube and other popular sites. Watch TV Series, documentaries, and other cool videos. Be aware that streaming over your Mobile data connection will incur costs so it is better to use Wi-Fi for this function, also considerably less lag.

3. Contacts list page supports long operations
    In the contact list page you can long-press a contact and quickly view, edit, delete or send the contact to the desktop as a shortcut item. Bulk delete also added, you can find this by opening the menu using your virtual or hardware menu key.

Further changes and updates will be posted on Friday as normal.

Thanks to all the MIUI Community!

ezhik, mjkute, Rezeart and 5 others like this.
  2. Kam_El

Kam_ElMembers

May 4, 2011
    Male
    Criminal Solicitor
    London, UK
    Yup yuuup. Dreaming of tablet UI for Nexus 7. Slowly slowly catch a monkey though ;)

spthacker likes this.
  3. Stephen Brace

Feb 29, 2012
    Male
    I favour bug fixes over new features any day :)

4. Bojan Kseneman

Jun 1, 2012
    Male
    Bachelor degree in electrical engineering
    Slovenia
    i9300 JB update maybe?

kcaj_jones likes this.
  5. MartinMcFly

Jun 7, 2012
    Male
    Melbourne
    Still waiting on Jelly Bean for the Xiaomi M-1.

6. WAHEGURU JI

Jun 13, 2012
    Male
    waiting for JB for galaxy s2,,thanx a lot for your hardwork miui team:)

Kam_El likes this.
  7. ram2anne

ram2anneMembers

Aug 17, 2012
    Male
    Nice. Great JOB MIUI.

8. fire_fist

fire_fistMembers

Jun 13, 2012
    Check out cMIUI and M1UI over at xda for JB MIUI for SGSII.

WAHEGURU JI likes this.
  9. Ikesankom

IkesankomMembers

Mar 21, 2012
    Male
    But aren't official, no?

10. spthacker

spthackerMembers

Jul 5, 2012
    Male
    Need some proper love for the nexus7 ui as above, currently unusable as a tablet imho

Sent from my MIUI powered HOX

11. sparxx

sparxxMembers

Oct 21, 2011
    Male
    pleas fix the sms emotcion and smilles for the xperia S they not there !!!

12. powermarcel10

Jul 16, 2012
    Male
    Hi guys,

I think a lot of people are waiting for JB for a lot of devices..

I think that you can reproduce a lot of user guestions about; "when come JB for device x" by telling us guys a bit more of your plans about that.. Maybe a kind of roadmap would be nice..

JB is out for some time now, so I hope it comes soon to more devices for MIUI! (SGS3)

Best regards

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

13. jwchips

jwchipsMembers

Sep 22, 2011
    It's been said *many* times before - when the official JB update is released in China MIUI will update their source. They won't base it on leaks/pre-releases.

I'm personally more interested in why MIUI changed from cm bases to manufacturer bases...

14. Ajster

AjsterMembers

Feb 13, 2012
    Male
    Hope atleast this week MIUI will release MIUI rom for GALAXY NOTE

15. kartonick

kartonickMembers

May 2, 2012
    Male
    performance > functionality.
    i think stock miui got enough cherries to please every user (ftp, data monitor, nice file manager, awesome music player and lots more)
    so for me more fixes are more reasons to be happy.
    cheers!

i bet beacuse cm builds arent bug free.. if you want miui cm based there are even jb (cm10) roms for sgs2 and 3 out there. tested the sgs2 ones, volume bug, half 0f my games didnt run on it. only pros for jb are ui smoothness and maby bit pimped browser. i dont see much difference for a daily user.

16. _jordan_

_jordan_Members

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    Nice. Stability is what all roms should focus on, instead of constantly adding new features.

Thanks!!

17. iBotPeaches

iBotPeachesScript Gatekeeper

Oct 31, 2011
    Kansas
    It has nothing to do with CM builds being bug free. MIUI was using CM (open source), and then keeping MIUI closed source. It was built upon a open source ROM that then was closed source. No one (most) didn't like that at Cyanogenmod because MIUI would take the hardwork of establishing an AOSP port of a phone, then MIUI would just have to lay their pretty overlay on.

CM based builds are better for a variety of reasons.

1. No bloat. The ROMs are 180MB -> 240MB instead of 300-500MB (due to manufacturer crap).
    2. Its AOSP. No pathetic overlays to hack around and usually quicker.
    3. Its pure. No stupid sense/samsung apps to interfere.
    4. It usually has lots of bugs fix in a timely manner and is always updated to latest Android, while manufacturer aren't.

18. Rezeart

RezeartMembers

Mar 23, 2012
    Male
    Thank you Mark for all this improvements. Cant wait to be Friday. P.S. I still offer myself pleasurly, to be your Albanian translator. Still I dont know where to start.

19. ingbrzy

ingbrzyXiaomi.eu Multilang leader
    Staff Member

Rezeart likes this.
  20. Rezeart

RezeartMembers

Mar 23, 2012
    Male
  21. trippyrich

trippyrichMembers

the new miui kinda lags a bit, if only there was a was to speed things up..the new rom lags when quite a lot of apps are installed ...but why should it affect the rom the apps are stored on sd memory.

Xperia arc s LT18

22. fhir

fhirMembers

Feb 15, 2012
    Male
    i like friday!!!

23. kartonick

kartonickMembers

May 2, 2012
    Male
    well samsung apps can always be deleted with a simple titanium backup, bigger rom filesize is a fact tho i dont know how it affects device performance (i didnt notice any differences in speed / smoothness unless jb vs ics) and i always had more problems with aosp than officials (wifi problems, apps incompatible and most of all volume bug that totaly makes me reject cm since i listen to alot of music).
    Youre right because youre the one experienced in developement, im only end user that notes things by daily usage.

24. fonfon

fonfonMembers

Mar 28, 2012
    Male
    Tangerang Selatan
    Im with you SAMSUNG is a f**k since they didnt release some of their source code... and yes the nexus are coming to the manufacturers this is a good news i really expect MOTOROLA NEXUS or XPERIA NEXUS since both of them concern of build quality instead just the highend hardwares...

Share Our Site