MIUI Rom install fails stating my phone is a "dipper"

GTB88

Members
Jan 31, 2019
Hi All
I have a Mi 8 Pro (Chinese version) and i have unlocked the bootloader okay. I want to load the EU global rom using TWRP and i have wiped phone and copied zip file across but it fails with the error 7 and the following text:
This package is for "Equuleus" devices; this is a "dipper"

Thing is its a Mi 8 Pro which is meant to be an equuleus device. I can load the dipper version but the front camera doesn't work and the in screen finger print reader isn't there any more.

Any help greatly appreciated

cheers
Graham

Last edited:
Mi8 Pro is not "Dipper" - Dipper is Mi8 !

you need the TWRP an Xiaomi.Eu Rom for your Mi8 Pro (Equuleus)

Mi8 Pro is not "Dipper" - Dipper is Mi8 !

you need the TWRP an Xiaomi.Eu Rom for your Mi8 Pro (Equuleus)

Thank you for trying to help, I obviously didn't explain myself clearly. I tried to load the Equuleus zip file and got the error as stated above but repeated now:

'This package is for "Equuleus" devices; this is a "dipper" '

Why does the rom think my device is a dipper?

Because you accidentally flashed the wrong twrp?
Either flash the right one or change the script within your Rom zip, not a big deal.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Because you accidentally flashed the wrong twrp?
Either flash the right one or change the script within your Rom zip, not a big deal.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the logical and clear feedback Karpfenhai it must be that. I will try a different TWRP and report back. I wrongly assumed that the dipper was being picked up from the rom on the phone not the TWRP

Thank you very much for the logical and clear feedback Karpfenhai it must be that. I will try a different TWRP and report back. I wrongly assumed that the dipper was being picked up from the rom on the phone not the TWRP

Yes the rom load worked this time with the correct twrp on phone. Thanks again!

Reactions: Karpfenhai