Miui Rom On Mi A1 To Have A Mi 5x With Unlocked Lte

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi A1' started by Daniele Benati, Oct 23, 2017.

1. iamme729

iamme729Members

Nov 22, 2015
    Male
    Ecuador
  2. Why are you quoting me? Kernel source is completely off topic.

Anyway I answered my own question, the difference is that Mi A1 uses what's called a skip_initrd system, I won't go into technical details here because nobody will understand. It's probably possible to port MIUI though, if someone wants to. I would but I don't want people to annoy me with irrelevant things.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

3. iamme729

iamme729Members

Nov 22, 2015
    Male
    Ecuador
    #28iamme729,Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    LOL.....

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

zeork likes this.
  4. zeork

zeorkGuest

#29zeork,Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2018
    If people annoy You, just not talk with people...
    Beacusr no one dont want brick phone.
    Miui from 5x for A1 brick Yours devices
    What You dont understand? Difference partitions. Change partitions if You can do it and dont complain.

5. Andrii Gritsevskyi

Jul 8, 2014
    Male
    And that is EXACTLY how it was on MI3/MI4 when they initially release these phones. Later, due to luck of the available space on 16 Gb version, they are merged them. I am absolutely confident repartitioning could be done with help of Qualcomm tools. After that ROM for 5x could be flashed in TWRP. Result could be nonfunctional LTE Band 20 if kernel module on MIUI disables it ;-) No interest for me as I am perfectly fine with "pure" Android on A1 and with latest MIUI on my second still very usable MI4 (unbelievable great phone I am using for 3+ years and it is still very much like new)