New MIUI WEEKLY RELEASE 9.10.31 - 9.12.12 downloads applications in Google play are very slow on Xiaomi Mi8

myoff

Members
Dec 12, 2019
Hi! After the update my Xiaomi Mi8 from version MIUI WEEKLY RELEASE 9.8.1 to 9.12.5 and 9.12.12 there are problem - the downloads applications in Google play are very slow, and in some times, cannot update apps, (waiting for download, download pending). Applications up to 10kb in size can be downloaded for several minutes, applications that are larger than 10kb in size I have been waiting for more than an hour and I haven’t been able to download. An older version of MI8_9.10.31 - works with the same problem. I cannot download older versions of type 9.8.22 - it does not start. I tried clean cache for Google Play Market app and cache for the download manager app. I tried clear date for Google Play Market app and update Google Play Market app. Nothing helped. Please help me.

Last edited:
It happened to me in past updates, try to clean data and cache from the download manager app and the play store app, it Works for me in the Mi8 and I don´t have any problem later.

I have the same Probleme.
I delet all cache etc.
The Problem begin with 9.12.5/6
And is not better by 9.12.12
Mi Max 3

I solved the problem by installing stable firmware:
1) I saved the smartphone data that I need.
2) Cleared data using TWPR.
3) I downloaded and copied the firmware xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V11.0.4.0.PEACNXM_v11-9.zip into the smartphone’s memory.
4) Using TWPR, I installed stable firmware.

As a result, the problem disappeared, programs are quickly installed in Google Play Market.

Last edited:
Reactions: LOLO9393