MIUI14 for 12S Ultra, Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, Edge, don't work

tsrif

Members
Dec 20, 2022
After installing MIUI14 on my 12s Ultra, the following apps under both personal and work profiles don't work any more , please help.

Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, Edge, OneNotes, Adobe Acrobat.

I confirm the problem, the same issue.
Tried to clear cache, provide all permissions full access but it didn't help.

Related? Could you try manually intalling Android Device Policy from Google Play Store and rebooting?
Installed Android Device Policy, couldn't find any QR code or ID to add the work profile. But after uninstalling and reinstalling work profile, the apps in personal profile work now, the apps in work profile still don't work. All these apps seem to access something in the cloud and stuck on the splash screen.

Having the same issue on my 12S Ultra ...thanks to you at least I can access my mails on Outlook now...however, teams and other MS apps doesn't work. Not even able to launch MS Edge on work profile.

Having the same issue on my 12S Ultra ...thanks to you at least I can access my mails on Outlook now...however, teams and other MS apps doesn't work. Not even able to launch MS Edge on work profile.
I just installed miui14 and outlook and teams seems to work. I'm able to login and see all the email and contacts but i haven't actually tried sending any emails or chats

What specific issues are you having? Like unable to login at all or you can login but can't send emails/chats?

I had this issue with the first beta...updated it today but still my work profile is having issues.
The service has managed to install successfully.
However, whenever I try to launch MS Teams, MS Outlook, OneDrive etc., the app launches but hangs.
Nothing happens after that

It is supposed to come up with the certificate selection but that option is not coming. see sample below.

I've posted the LogCat in the main forum but seems like no reply.
https://mega.nz/file/ctEhBbDC#Tqt3NqOJ_v4xoWK8qiurhld2nlcF6az6eNehKe9qw2o

When you say you are able to open Teams etc, is it a work profile or normal profile?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-24-21-31-25-402_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-24-21-31-25-402_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: Anthony Kwok
I had this issue with the first beta...updated it today but still my work profile is having issues.
The service has managed to install successfully.
However, whenever I try to launch MS Teams, MS Outlook, OneDrive etc., the app launches but hangs.
Nothing happens after that

It is supposed to come up with the certificate selection but that option is not coming. see sample below.

I've posted the LogCat in the main forum but seems like no reply.
https://mega.nz/file/ctEhBbDC#Tqt3NqOJ_v4xoWK8qiurhld2nlcF6az6eNehKe9qw2o

When you say you are able to open Teams etc, is it a work profile or normal profile?
its my work profile. I've never had to choose certificates when using either apps

just delete the app's data once,it'll be ok
Unfortunately, apps under "Work Profile" does not have the clear data option...it's been removed.

Looks like I have to revert to MIUI 13.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-25-10-22-46-912_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-25-10-22-46-912_com.android.settings.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: Anthony Kwok
I just installed miui14 and outlook and teams seems to work. I'm able to login and see all the email and contacts but i haven't actually tried sending any emails or chats

What specific issues are you having? Like unable to login at all or you can login but can't send emails/chats?
Great to know, at least there is one case working.

Doesn't work when using "Company Portal" to protect / manage the phone either, so it is an issue with the app running under different permissions, even if there's not actually a seperate work profile set up. (removing Company portal makes the apps launch again, but obviously if your company data is protected using that app, you won't be able to access anything)

This isn't a generic bug with Android 13, as it works fine on an Oppo Find X5 Pro using the same Company portal configuration