Mix 2s Launch Date Announced (27th March 2018)

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
mix2s-xiaomi.jpg

On September 11th last year, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 was unveiled. While continuing to develop full-screen 2.0 technology, Xiaomi led the design trend as a full-screen device manufacturer giving an experience of near full screen, as if holding a piece of transparent textured glass...

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S will be equipped with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, Qualcomm's most powerful SoC chip to date making the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S the most powerful device to date for performance.

March 27, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S product launch conference, what do you think will be announced regarding other specs? Fingerprint scanner etc... thoughts below :)

Philippe Starck on how bezel-less screens will be the end of phone design

But "it’s the right thing to do," says prolific designer

. . .

That’s why we are really, with the telephone, in front of the end of dematerialisation. That means we go directly to bionics. Bionics is when the service — telephone, computer, anything — goes in your body. And in this case, there is no more design. The designer is your coach, is your dietician, but there is no more. For all intelligent human production, the designer will be dead very very very fast.

I'm afraid that people will be disappointed again. Looks like the flagships are judged by how good camera is and this is area where Xiaomi can not compete with Samsung and Apple. There is also some other things like waterproofing, wireless charging, amoled display, screen resolution etc which makes production more expensive and Xiaomi's strategy is, IMO, to make affordable phones. Personally I don't care about amoled display, wireless charging, waterproofing etc. I wouldn't miss selfie camera too in favor bazeless display. Let's hope that I am wrong and Mi mix 2s is going to be a positive surprise.