New [MIX 4] [21.12.29] Google Pay "Phone doesn't meet security requirements"

NULLOBANDITO

Members
Sep 14, 2021
The phone is not rooted and has previously been completely wiped and set-up again (~3mo). SafetyNet fully passes with a CTS profile match.

Today Google Pay stopped working, giving me the error message "Phone doesn't meet security requirements". I have no idea why, here's 2 screenshots I hope can help.

Attachments

• IMG_20220104_204554.jpg
    IMG_20220104_204554.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 705
  • Screenshot_2022-01-04-20-45-31-414_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-04-20-45-31-414_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 742
Last edited by a moderator:
Try to delete app data of Google Play Services (optionally Google Play Store, too) and reboot, after reboot wait like 5 mins (let the system start up and do it's things checking to Google..) and go through the GPay process again - when Magisk is in use with Zygisk + DenyList + USNF and SafetyNet did just pass this is the last thing I suggest to do before starting the GPay setup. It works, at least for me and for a couple of guys I used to help. HTH

… and check if your device is certified in playstore and that you dont have a folder like /twrp

you can try to disable developer options and oem unlocking

Alright, thanks for the help. Tomorrow I'll try and see if the Play Services data reset helps, though I'm a bit skeptical since I'm not rooted or anything.

Weirdly enough my device seems to be Play Protect certified:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-05-13-43-36-002_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-05-13-43-36-002_com.android.vending.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 677
Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Google Pay has now mysteriously started working again... I'm at a loss. Fix your stuff, Google.

I updated to the stable 13 ROM for the ultra 11. I also have this same problem where it passes safety net, but Google pay says the phone does not meet security requirements. What was the fix?

I also have a Mix 4 and have the same Problem. Nothing is rooted/ Unlocked. I got the 13.0.4 stabel Miui. Software only downloaded from the normal original Updater in the Settings. I am also Google Play Protect certified. Somehow since Miui 13 Google Pay stopped working with the same error message (Your device doesn't meet security standards). If someone had a solution to this problem pls reply.

Last edited:
I also have a Mix 4 and have the same Problem. Nothing is rooted/ Unlocked. I got the 13.0.4 stabel Miui. Software only downloaded from the normal original Updater in the Settings. I am also Google Play Protect certified. Somehow since Miui 13 Google Pay stopped working with the same error message (Your device doesn't meet security standards). If someone had a solution to this problem pls reply.
This is the bugs section of a custom ROM. Nobody can help you here with official ROM..