[MOD] |init.d| 918-1242Mhz CPU & 128-200Mhz GPU addons

Which Power mode do you use most?

• Total voters

Wajk

Members
Jun 29, 2011
Introduction
I would like to share with you my CPU settings.
I tested builtin Normal and Power Saving mode, but I can't choice between them.

Normal mode very smooth, but eat much more battery.
Power Saving mode very good, but I can't stand lag (not always!) in menu and some other place.

I don't understand completely what settings they have. But in my opinion is not just clock settings.
Normal mode use CPU between 384Mhz - 1.5 Ghz
Power Saving mode use CPU between 384Mhz - 918Mhz

I tried Normal mode with maximized CPU to 918Mhz (PS setting), but my device smoother than with Power Saving mode. So, I made little init.d script, which script maximize all CPU cores to 918/1242Mhz. If you would like to try it.

Dashboard.png

918Mhz - 1242Mhz CPU addon

Install instructions:
1. copy zip to your device
2. boot into CWM Recovery
3. flash it to your system
4. restart your device

Uninstall instructions:
1. copy uninstall.zip to your device
2. boot into CWM Recovery
3. flash it to your system
4. restart your device

Required:
- init.d support
- any WiUi ROM
- any MIUI/MIUIandroid ROM with redmaner's kernel

Downloads:
navbar_arrow_right.gif
918Mhz_CPUmod_4Mi2.zip
navbar_arrow_right.gif
1242Mhz_CPUmod_4Mi2.zip
navbar_arrow_right.gif
CPUmod_Uninstaller_4Mi2.zip
navbar_arrow_right.gif
128Mhz_GPUmod_4Mi2.zip
navbar_arrow_right.gif
200Mhz_GPUmod_4Mi2.zip
navbar_arrow_right.gif
GPUmod_Uninstaller_4Mi2.zip
Mirror:

Attachments

• 918Mhz_CPUmod_4Mi2.zip
    142.3 KB · Views: 534
  • 1242Mhz_CPUmod_4Mi2.zip
    142.3 KB · Views: 593
  • CPUmod_Uninstaller_4Mi2.zip
    142.2 KB · Views: 465
  • 128Mhz_GPUmod_4Mi2.zip
    142.6 KB · Views: 371
  • 200Mhz_GPUmod_4Mi2.zip
    142.6 KB · Views: 450
  • GPUmod_Uninstaller_4Mi2.zip
    142.4 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Wajk

Interesting mod to test today. I never had any issues to complain about the "power saving mode" but have an "normal mode" with a diferenciated clock should make it cool!:cool:

Thanks for the working on this community

Reactions: Wajk
Great Wajk Thanks a looot for Sharing..you are really awesome..!;)
Thnx, your Welcome!

I never had any issues to complain about the "power saving mode" but have an "normal mode" with a diferenciated clock should make it cool!

Power Saving mode was smooth on v4 ROM-s, but not on v5 ROMs. But I agree with you, Power Saving mode much smoother on latest v5 builds than earlier v5 builds. But for myself smooth and battery never enough :D
That's way I playing with CPU settings.

does it change maximum freq of all profiles?or does it change only normal max freq?

It seems like it runs this:

- performance mode: all CPUs Online all the time, at minimum 384 to max 1514 mhz.
- power saving mode: 1 CPU is online (the rest are offline when iddle): min 384 and max 1242.
- normal mode: 1 or 2 CPU online (but it can easly go with 4 cores), min 384 and max 1514, but when iddle it usually goes max to 1242. 1514 is reached when doing some more heavy task like updating app from Market.

I will see how it goes testing all day..

Reactions: Wajk
does it change maximum freq of all profiles?or does it change only normal max freq?

This addon don't touch profile settings. Just set maximum mhz to 918 or 1242.
I tested only in Normal mode.

- performance mode: all CPUs Online all the time, at minimum 384 to max 1514 mhz.
- power saving mode: 1 CPU is online (the rest are offline when iddle): min 384 and max 1242.
- normal mode: 1 or 2 CPU online (but it can easly go with 4 cores), min 384 and max 1514, but when iddle it usually goes max to 1242. 1514 is reached when doing some more heavy task like updating app from Market.

Thanks for clarification. I use CPU Spy app, and when I was on Power Saving mode, my device use maximum 918Mhz (tested example with RR3). I will play with CPU online/offline and I will share my results.

Now I use Normal mode with 918Mhz addon and working right for me.

Reactions: xeGox
Hi. I just rechecked those settings using CPU Spy.
So CPU doesnt use 1514Mhz at all. Even in performance mode. I used youtube full HD playback to run on performance mode. Well to be honest phone has no lag and doesnt need 1.5Ghz... ;p

Hi. I just rechecked those settings using CPU Spy.
So CPU doesnt use 1514Mhz at all. Even in performance mode. I used youtube full HD playback to run on performance mode. Well to be honest phone has no lag and doesnt need 1.5Ghz... ;p

Acid

Did you fashed what mod? You could try too benchmarks to see if reach 1,5Ghz

I used 1242 mod. Did Antutu on performance mode and CPU is locked to this frequency.

Wysłane z MI 2

I will see how it goes testing all day..
i played a lot of time with these settings and this is my opinion:

• power safe mode max frequency is 918 not 1242...check core frequency with System Monitor that is more reliable and have floating windows in the pro version...there is a lot of apps that read wrong values...as proof of the run antutu in power safe and you'll get about 13k (f I remember correctly) and only 300mhz of difference can't justify 7k point less
  • phone smoothness depend on which transition effect is used because some are lighter and some al heavier...
  • it change also gpu frequency (game decrease performance in power safe) and also voltage cause to the lower frequendy in fact the phone is colder but can verify it withouce source code

i played a lot of time with these settings and this is my opinion:

• power safe mode max frequency is 918 not 1242...check core frequency with System Monitor that is more reliable and have floating windows in the pro version...there is a lot of apps that read wrong values...as proof of the run antutu in power safe and you'll get about 13k (f I remember correctly) and only 300mhz of difference can't justify 7k point less
  • phone smoothness depend on which transition effect is used because some are lighter and some al heavier...
  • it change also gpu frequency (game decrease performance in power safe) and also voltage cause to the lower frequendy in fact the phone is colder but can verify it withouce source code
Install CPU Spy. CPU is definitely maxed to 1242. I'm sure.

Install CPU Spy. CPU is definitely maxed to 1242. I'm sure.
i repeat...with power saving mode cpu frequency is maxed at 918mhz...as proof a print of your loved CPU spy with timers resetted then I played a bit to carmageddon and some multitasking switching between several apps opened...
yvahe8yz.jpg

now hoping that you finally thrust me, imo, to improve the smoothness you could try to increase min frequency from 384 top 594mhz instead maximize it to 918/1242 cause it should be more battery friendly

Im, sorry but you're still wrong. You flashed 918 Mhz mod or its not working for you. I manually compiled my rom with 1242 init.d script and as I said im sure that max CPU is 1242 Mhz.
It have to be because:
Code:
echo "1242000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
writes 1242 Mhz into system scaling_max_freq file.
I reset timers in CPU Spy, turned Power saving mode and played Cut The Rope. As you can see 1242Mhz is used.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-13-15-22-03-640x640.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-13-15-22-03-640x640.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 536
Im, sorry but you're still wrong. You flashed 918 Mhz mod or its not working for you. I manually compiled my rom with 1242 init.d script and as I said im sure that max CPU is 1242 Mhz.
It have to be because:
Code:
echo "1242000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
writes 1242 Mhz into system scaling_max_freq file.
I reset timers in CPU Spy, turned Power saving mode and played Cut The Rope. As you can see 1242Mhz is used.
lol in post #7 you were not talking about the stock power saving mode?

In post #7 I wrote my observations about 1242 Mhz mod. And I was wrong just about Normal and Performance mode because CPU is locked to 1242Mhz in every power Profile.
The Power Saving mode works as I said few times. The max CPU is set to 1242 Mhz. And... I'm still talking about Wajk mod.

Stock power saving mode goes max to 918Mhz. But with this mod its 1242Mhz.

Reactions: dextructor
Wajk but you can make a mod with such characteristics?
Power Saving mode 918Mhz mod
Normal mode with 918Mhz mod
Performance mode 1242Mhz mod

Wajk but you can make a mod with such characteristics?
Power Saving mode 918Mhz mod
Normal mode with 918Mhz mod
Performance mode 1242Mhz mod
What about these configurations?
Power save min 300 max 900
Normal min 300 max 1200
Performance min 300 max 1500?

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: vidar and Marqc