[mod][magisk][5.0+] Disable Unified Flat Icons

Kazami Yuuka

Members
Jul 1, 2016
Well, choices are choices, right? It's the same as your choice to install this ROM. I just recently switched back to this rom from a buggy Lineage build and found out the Limitless theme included is the exact thing I was looking for since the MIUI7-8 days for the icon sets. Since xiaomi.eu adds the unified flat icons to most apps I wanted to remove this folder in the system partition manually to experience almost-vanilla MIUI icons but I'm afraid it will trip the SafetyNet, so this module happens.

This is only compatible with technically any MIUI version with base Android version Lollipop and newer, it's from the Magisk itself. (actually untested on Lollipop with Magisk, but feel free to try)

So what's this module do? It'll do exactly what it says. This module disables the miui_mod_icons folder (well technically, it just emptied the folder) located in the /system partition (specifically, /system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons)

You can still add your own custom icons with this module, just use your root explorer to put your icons into /magisk/miuimodicondisabler/system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons, mostly the same thing as before except it's systemless now.

Download here: https://yoshino.s-ul.eu/nSYtpmnN or wait for the repo

To install this module simply add it via the Magisk Manager app or flash it from the TWRP. It's pretty much the same thing. Make sure you re-apply your current theme to actually reflect the changes as it still cached in the system.

Last edited: