Modify /system?

seb84

Members
May 21, 2018
Hi guys,

Long time I was with my Mix3 on android 9 for that reason, but finally it fell badly and cracked (camera and screen).
Now use the Poco F2.

So is there any option for kernel to make /system rw (i would stick to Android 10 for the moment I think)?
I heard under linage it works?

Magisk mirror is another option I haven't worked with now, but I would like to get /system modify able, if somehow possible?
I use a lot of apps, making mods in /system (yes they are older) and wouldn't like to skip on them

Hi guys,

Long time I was with my Mix3 on android 9 for that reason, but finally it fell badly and cracked (camera and screen).
Now use the Poco F2.

So is there any option for kernel to make /system rw (i would stick to Android 10 for the moment I think)?
I heard under linage it works?

Magisk mirror is another option I haven't worked with now, but I would like to get /system modify able, if somehow possible?
I use a lot of apps, making mods in /system (yes they are older) and wouldn't like to skip on them
Modifying "/system" on your Poco F2 is not possible...for now.
The best way forward is to make magisk module for the various MODs you have.
Using magisk is a bonus because you don't get to mess with your system partition and your MODs remain intact even after system updates.

Reactions: seb84
Modifying "/system" on your Poco F2 is not possible...for now.
The best way forward is to make magisk module for the various MODs you have.
Using magisk is a bonus because you don't get to mess with your system partition and your MODs remain intact even after system updates.

So have to mirror in Magisk, right?

That would be of great help to get on this
You need to be rooted with magisk (obviously)

Module_template.zip

In the zip file is a "system" folder, copy you MODs here... maintaining original directory structure. (Create necessary folders if you need to)
When done, flash the zip in magisk or TWRP.

Example:
I have a modded app in "system/priv-app/Browser"
I will open the system folder in the zip file and create "priv-app" folder and copy "Browser" folder to it.

Hope that was clear enough?

Reactions: MyXelf and seb84
You need to be rooted with magisk (obviously)

Module_template.zip

In the zip file is a "system" folder, copy you MODs here... maintaining original directory structure. (Create necessary folders if you need to)
When done, flash the zip in magisk or TWRP.

Example:
I have a modded app in "system/priv-app/Browser"
I will open the system folder in the zip file and create "priv-app" folder and copy "Browser" folder to it.

Hope that was clear enough?

Thanks a lot for this.
Sounds very easy, thanks to your template. Will give it a go and feedback.

Thanks

Reactions: geoorg