Motion Sensor will not trigger automation to turn on light

ClisClis

Members
Jan 6, 2021
Hey Guys

I have several products of the Xiaomi Universe that i am using at my home. Lights mainly.

Today i received my Motion Sensor and the Hub as well.
I set that up so i can automatically turn on the bathroom lights upon entering and they should also turn off afterwards.
When i setup the sensor and the automation, it worked on the first try.
Half an hour later i realised that it did not wokr anymore.
I tried a bit and reset the sensor which would not be able to connect to the hub / bridge again.
I then restartet the hub and i was able to connect again. It seemed to work again, for one try.

Now i have set up 2 automations:
Turn on light on motio
Turn off light after 5 minutes no motion.

If i turn on the light manually, it will turn off after 5 minutes.
But it will never turn on upon movement.

In the sensors log, i see that it detects movements.
But in the automation log, i never see the automation triggered.

Any ideas?

Ok, somehow this morning it just seems to work. I didnt change anything after i made this post but whatever.
Lets just hope it stays like this. I wont touch it anymore :)

Is there a way to get the sensor into google home? Also the security camera 360 will not appear there.
Would be cool to be able to include into my routines.

This is really getting odd as it worked throughout the day several times (even though i set the automation to only be done after 16:00 it dit it the whole day through. not the biggest deal).
But now suddenly its again not working anymore.
Also i saw in the automation protocol that it will run routines that i did delete already . They are not shown in the app but still run.

Anyone knows that?

Hello,

I started using mi home yesterday and I had the same problem. First a rule stopped working in the time interval specified and I had to reconfigure the interval. And then it stopped again when the day changed.

What I have observed is that this specific rule had a time interval that starts in one day and ends in the subsequent day. So I think it can be related. I will try to divide it in two rules: one ending at 23:59:59 and another starting at 00:00:00...

Hi,
Thanks for your Reply

I had the same setting of a time interval that goes into the next day.
I disabled it to be "on all day". And eversince the light works as expected.

Hello guys,

I have experienced exactly the same behavior in last days. Any possible solution how to deal with this?

I would greatly appreciate any hints.

Thanks,
Tomas

for. me it's working just fine since I last posted. I had the condition, that it will only turn on light with bad lighting condition after 16:00. since I removed the times it is working as intended