Multi 5.5.29

pjovp

Members
Aug 5, 2011
Anyone has tried to install this latest release for our phones?
Mine always fails in TWRP.....

When in the boot loop, I first made sure to get into fastboot mode (by pressing Volume down button at the side of the phone).
I connected the HM2013023 via USB to the computer.
In Windows 8.1 I started a command prompt.
I typed
fastboot flash recovery twrp_recovery.img

This is the result:
sending 'recovery' (6144 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.203s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 1.063s]
finished. total time: 1.266s

After that I typed
fastboot reboot

this is the result:
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.016s

Now the phone rebooted and I immediately presed the Volume down button again and entered in recovery mode and.... voila, I have twrp 2.8.40 again, and better still, I am no longer in the boot loop.

From here I flashed the OLD rom.

The previous one that still worked :).

I hope this is bennefitual to some one.

Cheers,
ko3st

Last edited:
Hello everyone, i have a problem with the two latest roms for my miui hongmi (redmi1) when i install them with twrp it says failed. When i clean cache and dalvic cache it says succesfull but when i restart my phone it stays in the bootscreen with only the mi logo in the middle.
This happens with the european multi version as well with the chinese version.
Does anyone has the same problem? I tried every way of updating now with both roms but still no succes. Miui 5.5.15 is the last rom with no problems.
I hope someone has an answer for me and probably other users.

Hi,

This message is ia esspecially interting to Dutch users of Redmi 1.

I Instaled the newwest Rom succesfully with TWRP v 2.8.4.0 (compiled by bucefal82 for RedRice).
After "Swipe for Factory Reset", I rebooted. Then after reboot, the very first thing you need to do, is to choose the desired Language.

In my situation, I could install Dutch without any problem.. All looked right.... However after the first reboot, the phone went into a boot-loop. I noticed that you can avoid this, by simply NOT choosing the Dutch language, but English instead.

This leads me to believe that there is a problem of some sort with the recognition of the phone at boot-time if the Dutch language is previuosly selected. Perhaps some of you know an easy way to fix this in the next update?

Thanks for trying. :)
Cheers,

Last edited:
Mr ingbrzy, I am currenty on the RED KAT Lite ROM.
http://en.miui.com/thread-113570-1-1.html

I am sorry to say that I have no real interest to see if the "possible-Dutch-Language-problem" still persistst in the latets version. However maybe someone else can help out with this, for I belive it might still be a problem, although it no longer concerns me much :)

FYI:
I have used the signed_Moded_kernel.zip of Sonic1SVK just be able to use the external micro SD card as the primary internal phone storage. This is important for storing lage films ( 6 GB) shot by the internal camera of he phone.
So far it worked every time :)

How did you manage to save pictures and movies in gallery to SD card. I also use this moded kernel but I am not able to save them (I also wasn't with stock kernel)?

How did you manage to save pictures and movies in gallery to SD card. I also use this moded kernel but I am not able to save them (I also wasn't with stock kernel)?
Hi. I am talking about the redm1 only: HM2013023. You can not hold me responsible for any possibly wrong info, I write this by hart....

The correct way to flash, has been described somewere already, probably by Sonic1SVK, but here is my attempt to describe the process.

It matters from what ROM you are currently on, and what ROM you are trying to flash. You also need to flash a moded kernel to make the phone use the extenal sdcard over the internal phone memory.

Anyway in my case I initially came from the latest v5 mui and I went to the first available v6...
So I came from: miui_HMWGlobal_JHBMIBL31.0_1d174f5254_4.2.zip and went to RED_KAT_Lite_HM2013023_5.5.29_v6-4.4.zip

Just today I downloaded: xiaomi.eu_multi_HM2013023_5.6.4_v6-4.4.zip and I used this moded kernel:
boot5529_mod.zip.

Make sure you are able to get into recovery mode. I used this one:
signed_TWRP-2.8.4.0_by_bucefal82.zip

I don't know if it is absolutely nessary, but I always put both files in TWO plces:

- the root of your external (32GB) MICROsdcard
- and also in the root of your phones SD card

/storage/sdcard0

and

/storage/sdcard1

Now go into recovery.
Again, I used TWRP-2.8.4.0_by_bucefal82

Wipe dalvic and do a factory reset.
Do not roboot yet.

Now install the new ROM and after that do not reboot yet. You are still in recovery mode....

Now install the boot5529_mod.zip
After that, reboot.

If all went well you have a pre-rooted ROM.
Select any language (even Dutch is not a problem any more).

Open the settings goto the last item, "about phone", make sure you have the developer options activated. Now check if the phone uses the sdcard as it' s primary phone memory. If so, you only have to unmount the "Fake" external sdcard. If not, then repeat the process for at least one more time , perhaps you need the stock recovery to initially flash the first v6 mui ROM, I can't remember, sorry.

Reboot and check the device's memory again. If all went OK the phone thinks there is no external SD card anymore and it can only use the only available, very big (32 GB), internal SD card, which in reality is of course the EXTERNAL microsd card.

The camera can only save it's pictures and movies on the big sdcard, because the phone sees only this sdcard (because you unmounted the fake sd card).

I hope I wrote down all necessary steps. I hope it is helpful for you and if you like it then.... Give me a like.
Cheers 

Hi. I am talking about the redm1 only: HM2013023. You can not hold me responsible for anypossibly wrong info, I write this by hart....

The correct way to flas, /quote]

Last edited:
I did try it and the problem is solved (in my case at least).

To other Dutch language users, PLEASE confirm.
Thanks.

To save in SD card with my moded kernel must go to Settings -> Memory and set "external memory" for photos, default is on internal memory