Multi Touch Screen Problem identified in the Chinese Xiaomi Forum

lycheebill

Members
Jun 20, 2019
Good day people out there!

I`m in the position currently of trying to buy a new phone, and the K20 pro seemed like a really good option for its CP ratio. Being a long time Xiaomi user I knew there will be tons of issues with the first production run so I have been actively monitoring the Xiaomi CN forums.

Currently, there is a big controversy going on about a range of Multi-Touch Screen Problems when more than 1 or 2 fingers placed on the screen. Shaky screen, what they are calling it now, happens when you hold 1 finger down and swipe the other one around, the stationary finger`s input is often interrupted and moves. This kind of behaviour is most obvious in games such as PUBG when you are trying to move, shoot and adjust aim at the same time, which happens a lot in close quarter combats. Supposedly there has been a new small scale release of firmware 10.30.0 that aims at optimising (not resolving from the words the devs are using) this issue and people are reporting mixed results.
024725xe89erquaoyeuour.png.thumb.jpg

finger stationary, 1 finger swipe, 10.30 off charger
024726axwl3c0vb83n5nnl.png.thumb.jpg

2 finger stationary, 1 finger swipe, 10.30, on charger

Another interesting thing is that this shaky behaviour is vastly reduced if you take the case off the phone and have your palm touch the midframe directly when gaming, or when you put the phone on the charger, and if you put the phone on the table and test it that way it shakes badly. Seems like a static noise issue if you ask me, and some other 1+7 users are also experiencing a similar issue.

So, for those that have access of a K20 pro, would you be able to test this and see how widely spread it is? Also, if you are on EU Rom, please also do test and see if this is resolved in the EU release! If yall want me to keep updating interesting info I found over at the CN forum please do let me know!:laugh:

Cheers, and stay awesome!

Mi 8/128 unit does not have such problems.
Just tested it out. Not playing games on the device.