My bad experience of buying Mi8 / Mi8SE phones(

sovprene

Members
Aug 29, 2018
I am deeply disappointed by Xiaomi's software policy.
I bought several phones, 3 Mi8 SE and 1 Mi8.
The Mi8 SE camera shoots better than the Mi8! Except in the evening snapshot, where the SE just has more noises, but the more beautiful pictures are obtained on SE (using the latest firmware).

In general phones not so bad, but the software is very raw and unfinished.
But most of all I was disappointed when I mistakenly updated phone with a global firmware without unlocking. (But there are people like me already quite a lot)

And now it's just a brick that's lying around on my desk, because Xiaomi closed any opportunity to revive it.

Now this phone will be on my desk as remind me about caution before buying a new phone Xiaomi.
I wonder what kind of sales will be further in Xiaomi, I no longer want to buy xiaomi phones...

Attachments

• s**t (2).jpg
    s**t (2).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,617
Reactions: CresFang
I had many phones, I buy them for myself and my friends, which are very many.
But I rarely register at such forums when I tried to get help here in last week, but I not received anything.
And it's not especially upset me, but now when I tried all ways and have been received result 0.
I felt how much Xiaomi companies do not care about me as a customer.
This is answer of Mi Customer Service for Europe:

"I understand your concern that your device has been bricked and facing issue with the device. I regret the inconvenience you have experienced. Regarding the bricked device, we are sorry to inform you that we would not be able to guide you with the further troubleshooting..."

I don't know ... I think from the story, your issue is more the result of your own action than xiaomi.

I don't know what's your experiences with flashing roms, but as far as I can remember, all phones I used to own required unlocked bootloader. ALL of them. Xiaomi is no exception.

So, from this perspective, it is your problem that you are doing things wrong by not researching throughly first.

And, no company as far as I know, provide support to a phone that you bricked. No company. Even Google won't do it.

Last edited:
try to flash it again via Mi Flash (EDL mode), this time correct OS...

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Salut, alors tu as reussi a récupéré ton mi8.
C'est vrai que Xiaomi deviennent de plus en plus compliqué. Pourquoi ne font ils pas comme Oneplus.

Tiens un tuto : https://en.miui.com/thread-3459005-1-1.html
Bon courage.
Par contre une question aux connaisseurs cela peut arriver même avec le BL déverrouillé ?
J'ai envie de me l'acheter en import mais si je me retrouve avec une version chinoise et pire que la boutique me flash une Rom globale dessous !

Yes I can to flash it via Mi Flash (EDL mode) but for do it I need service account.
But in my country I called many service centers and no one can help me because thay does do not have such accounts

Yes I can to flash it via Mi Flash (EDL mode) but for do it I need service account.
But in my country I called many service centers and no one can help me because thay does do not have such accounts

Hi ! Yes sorry I see that :-(
https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-anti-rollback-protection-brick-phone/
it's a scandal and some guy just flash the Miui 10 Beta for test it on Redmi note 5/Pro & mi 8 and when want roll back to stable miui 9 brick the phone !!!
Xiaomi cheap phones in International and want to closed all import shop.
But Google make anti Roll back too but you can with BL unlock. I think not for a long time..

I'm sorry for You !!! not cool..
I don't know if I import a mi 8 too now ???

Hi ! Yes sorry I see that :-(
https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-anti-rollback-protection-brick-phone/
it's a scandal and some guy just flash the Miui 10 Beta for test it on Redmi note 5/Pro & mi 8 and when want roll back to stable miui 9 brick the phone !!!
Xiaomi cheap phones in International and want to closed all import shop.
But Google make anti Roll back too but you can with BL unlock. I think not for a long time..

I'm sorry for You !!! not cool..
I don't know if I import a mi 8 too now ???

Thanks for the information, it was interesting to read.
I have finally restored the phone via EDL with an authorized account via remote rdp access.

Thanks for the information, it was interesting to read.
I have finally restored the phone via EDL with an authorized account via remote rdp access.
Great !!! Good news for you ;-)
And you see now if you import a Xiaomi Chinese you can't install Global Rom and the same on global Xiaomi you can't install Chinese Rom :-( If you import a Xiaomi you do to unlock BL and flash Xiaomi.eu Rom but loose Nfc (I don't use it) and now Magisk work fine but... later ?

1) I bought SE with the Chinese version, the global version is not sold at all in our country, Nfc is not there.
2) I bought a unlocked Mi8 for son and hooked Google Pay, which works fine on a Chinese phone with a unlocked BL with MIUI eu version.
I do not do phone firmware professional, I'm a programmer and during the firmware I tried to finish my work, just missed that the phone was locked
But if Xiaomi goes ahad that way that it goes now then I will soon cease to pay Xiaomi phones

1) I bought SE with the Chinese version, the global version is not sold at all in our country, Nfc is not there.
2) I bought a unlocked Mi8 for son and hooked Google Pay, which works fine on a Chinese phone with a unlocked BL with MIUI eu version.
I do not do phone firmware professional, I'm a programmer and during the firmware I tried to finish my work, just missed that the phone was locked
But if Xiaomi goes ahad that way that it goes now then I will soon cease to pay Xiaomi phones
Yes... :)
Have a good day