My experience flashing Xiaomi EU 10.2.10 on Redmi Note 7 (How I Did It Guide)

Dcosta89

Members
Mar 17, 2019
So today I flashed my Redmi Note 7 Chinese version, and since I came across a few problems (almost all of them documented on other threads), I decided to give something back to the community and hopefully this will help some people go through this process a little bit easier.​

• Why did I flash 10.2.10 stable?
I decided to flash this one because I thought I'd get fewer bugs (that's what stable means right?) and I don't need the hottest and latest. This guide will be for the version mentioned but probably you can​
follow it for the developer versions too.​

• Things you will need
    • recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-0217-REDMI_NOTE7-CN-wzsx150.img (edited to include most recent twrp for lavender - rename this to twrp.img if you want to follow this guide, or change the red part to this filename, this choice is yours)
    • 10.2.10.0 EU ROM (edited to include XDA thread with the STABLE ROMS)
    • I will update this latter with the links, but they are available from the 10.2 stable room thread right now.
Important notes:
Try to to disable any fingerprint, face, pin password or pattern lock before starting. In case something goes wrong with your twrp flash and you need to access your phone, you don't need to clear data before accessing your phone (this is what happens with the Insert password to start Android problem).

So let's start:

1. boot into bootloader by holding VOLUME DOWN + POWER. Flash twrp.img by using the commands fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
  2. after this is done this part is important: unplug the cable from your phone and HOLD VOLUME UP + POWER JUST UNTIL THE REDMI LOGO APPEARS. If you don't do this, the phone will try to reboot into recovery 2 times, and because my data partition was encrypted, it tries to revert the recovery back to stock recovery and we don't want this.
  3. Once into twrp recovery, WIPE DATA (don't delete everything please) and go back and REBOOT INTO RECOVERY. If you don't do this, the phone will try to boot and will write the data partition again, making you start all over again, because that partition is still encrypted and will overwrite your twrp recovery.
  4. Once we are into twrp again, go to mount and check if the internal storage is mounted. Because twrp has MLP, you can connect your phone to your computer again and paste your ROM into the internal storage.
  5. Once this is done, go to INSTALL and install the zip. Wait for everything to be flashed and reboot the system. Don't panic if it takes awhile, the data partition is being written and you will need to wait.
Uff, I've wrote everything here on my phone because I wanted to get this out while it's fresh. Later I will format this right, so excuse me on this.

Also if you have an SD card, it's never a bad idea to make a backup before you start. You never know when you gonna need it!

Hope this helps, and feel free to comment and add something I might have forgot / got wrong.

19/03/2019 EDIT: changed guide to include most recent twrp, included links to files; some formatting.

Last edited:
Reactions: dkoek and Bfd979
Thanks for the guide. I'm still waiting for the 360 hours to end. Im going to assume lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt is not required and xiaomi.eu can be flashed to the data partition while it is still encrypted. Am I correct on that, or is it still necessary to "format" data to remove encryption ??

If I may please ask another question... Could you please provide the md5 for the TWRP file you provided.

Thank so much

To be honest due to my lack of knowledge at the time, I didn't use lazyflasher to ensure I could write to the data partition while encrypted.

In my case I didn't use it, and it didn't make me have any problems at all while flashing, but the problem I had with the recovery being rewritten when I booted to system by mistake can be avoided using advanced>sign boot inside twrp the first time you go there (don't do like me and reboot, you will have to go through the first steps all over again).

I didn't find any md5 for the twrp I linked but I just flashed it from my previous twrp version, so I can confirm it's working.

Hello all,
I am very a new member. big thanks to your precious sharing of flashing ROM. i have unlocked my Redmi note 7 China rom 10.2.10.0 , to flash EU ROM, can i do it with macbook pro os X high sierra?

What about gps navigation in lte mode? Is it working fine? That's the reason I want to install eu rom, because Chinese got big troubles with navigation. Thanks

Hello all,
I am very a new member. big thanks to your precious sharing of flashing ROM. i have unlocked my Redmi note 7 China rom 10.2.10.0 , to flash EU ROM, can i do it with macbook pro os X high sierra?

Hi there, I don't know about that since I did this on Windows, but as it's possible to do this with a Linux system, I'd say you won't have problems doing this on a MacBook.

You will need the drivers though, and my knowledge doesn't let me help you in that area.

Reactions: Joshua Pau
What about gps navigation in lte mode? Is it working fine? That's the reason I want to install eu rom, because Chinese got big troubles with navigation. Thanks

Funny you mention that because the GPS was also the major key for me to flash this.
So far so good, I can get reliable GPS fix now!

Hi there, I don't know about that since I did this on Windows, but as it's possible to do this with a Linux system, I'd say you won't have problems doing this on a MacBook.

You will need the drivers though, and my knowledge doesn't let me help you in that area.
Big thanks bro. i will fine some more related information and technical advice. have good day!