My Mi 9t turn off randomly

abdelhadianir

Members
Oct 7, 2019
Hi,
I bought my phone 3 weeks ago, and I remark that it turns off randomly.
I want to ask if someone had this same issue, and if there are a proposition to resolve this problem.
Is there any app that can track shutdown reasons?
Thank you in advance.

Reactions: kelvinperez08
I have the same problem with 2 phones. Do you have NFC payment activated? I have hypothesis that this is the problem.

This morning before I read your comment I deactivated the NFC.

Let's see if that's the culprit.
I also deactivated the xiaomi "find my device" option in the settings (I use Google android find my device instead).

I will let you know if I still get the problem or not.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Mine has also been randomly turning off and I have never had NFC or find my phone active. Does anyone from Xiaomi look at this forum?

As of now, by keeping the NFC off and the find my xiaomi setting off the mi9t didn't have that problem again.

Let's keep fingers crossed (even if it is annoying you could not use nfc)

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

The smart cover is off too. I've had the phone for about 3 months and it has turned itself off about 4 times, how frequently is it happening with your phones? I have also noticed on multiple occasions that the back of the phone feels warm and the battery drains very quickly and to sort it out I have to reboot the phone or shut it down and turn it back on. Have any of you experienced that?

Mine is going off also Android System active and consuming over 40% of battery, phone is getting warm before dying. Is a software problem, because in MIUI 10 was solved after factory reset. Now on 11.0.2 EEA happens very often. Once I arrived late at work because phone was dead and alarm didn't ring. Planning to sell it and change to Meizu or Oneplus, for me this is unbearable.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Mine is going off also Android System active and consuming over 40% of battery, phone is getting warm before dying. Is a software problem, because in MIUI 10 was solved after factory reset. Now on 11.0.2 EEA happens very often. Once I arrived late at work because phone was dead and alarm didn't ring. Planning to sell it and change to Meizu or Oneplus, for me this is unbearable.

Try turn off smartcover mode, fingerprint graphic on blocked screen, apps in autostart.
This worked for me for over week.

Well autostart is out of the question, all I have in autostart are apps I need. I read somewhere that is related to whatsapp and dual apps with 2 sim cards in phone. I disabled what you said, let's see.

Nor my mi9t has any dual apps.

Yesterday again it got stuck and it restarted by showing the fastboot or fast reboot, whatever it is, screen.

I then checked and I removed the smart cover mode, which was still active.

So up to date I put:
* NFC off
* removed the xiaomi find my phone option
* smart cover mode OFF
* dual tap screen on mode OFF.

Let's see how it goes.

Next option if it get stuck again is to remove the fingerprint graphic from the screen.

I cannot off NFC since I use bank app pay on a daily basis.

Ordered Oneplus, will take a break from Xiaomi, again. Meizu is good too, no drain bugs.

I have used the services and feedback app in the phone to report this to xiaomi as I hope many others have so hopefully they will solve it in an update. I think it's poor if we have to disable elements of the phones functionality just to live with a problem. This is my first xiaomi phone and will be my last one if it's this unreliable and just ignored by xiaomi.

Reactions: Dimofte Ciprian
I did report it via the services and feedback app as well.

And yes I agree is sad to see we need to disable stuff.

I do own a pocophone f1 myself and never had such problems

Got my OPO, I will sell my 9t to a friend. He doesn't use dual sim, only 1 sim, hopefully he won't be hit by this bug. Many people say is related to modem and dual sim, after I disabled what you guys said didn't occur. Also made a new update to 11.0.3

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I don't think it's related to dual sim.

The fault on my wife mi9t was quite surely the smart cover mode as reported by other users.

Hi everybody
I am on M9
What I notice is when I set my phone on/off at a certain period of time, my M9 will "wake on 2 minutes before.
Example : I set my phone "ON" at 7h00, then my phone swithces it self on at 6h58.
Any one encountered same thing ?

It really is hard to defend or try to be a fan of Xiaomi anymore.
They really used to do good stuff, but it looks like they stopped right around the MI 5, and after.

MI4 was their last good device.
Other then that... it's all crap.

It's hard to use the 9T Pro with all these silly bugs, when there's an OP 6T that does everything MUCH better, and won't track your life with that pointless "MI Cloud"

Xiaomi: Why are you even trying ?! Google gives away at least 11 Gb for photos. You're adding 128 Gb of storage in your phones. Does it really make sense to maintain a crappy MI Cloud service?

Does it really make sense to build such crappy devices ? Again. You used to be cool. Now you're really the worst case of a rip-off with these devices.
I wish I had never bought my 9T Pro.
It's a shame, it was so promising though, but as usual, it turned into a HUGE dissapointment. Just like the Pocofone was, with the way it "was" working on Android Auto (some will know what I'm talking about)...