NANDroid Backup is it reliable for restore when my device enters in a Bootloop

kingornet

Members
Jul 12, 2020
Hi all, my device is Xiaomi Mi9T (Xiaomi.eu ROM)

If I mess something when updating my ROM, will the default Backup from TWRP (NANDroid Backup) will do the work, if after installing the new version I felt in Bootloop.

For example I have a Backup from TWRP with everything, I update the new Weekly and fall into Bootloop and restore the last Backup from TWRP, will everything work fine as before (Boot, Apps, Files and etc.)?

Thank you! :)

Hello,

What TWRP version are you using?

== What do to if after installing ROM update, phone doesn't boot to system or system is very instable ==

1) Install your last working ROM version and reboot your phone

=> If phone is booting without issue, it's cool! Otherwise...

2) IMPORTANT: If your NANDroid Backup is on your phone, copy it on your computer!

--- a) In TWRP, use the "Format Data" button in "Wipe" menu then "Reboot" => "Recovery"

--- b) Install the ROM version from where you made your NANDroid Backup then reboot your device

--- c) When you see the first configuration wizard, reboot in TWRP

--- d) In TWRP, copy your NANDroid Backup from your computer to your phone

--- e) Restore your NANDroid Backup and reboot your device

And voilà! :)

Reactions: kingornet
Hello,

What TWRP version are you using?

== What do to if after installing ROM update, phone doesn't boot to system or system is very instable ==

1) Install your last working ROM version and reboot your phone

=> If phone is booting without issue, it's cool! Otherwise...

2) IMPORTANT: If your NANDroid Backup is on your phone, copy it on your computer!

--- a) In TWRP, use the "Format Data" button in "Wipe" menu then "Reboot" => "Recovery"

--- b) Install the ROM version from where you made your NANDroid Backup then reboot your device

--- c) When you see the first configuration wizard, reboot in TWRP

--- d) In TWRP, copy your NANDroid Backup from your computer to your phone

--- e) Restore your NANDroid Backup and reboot your device

And voilà! :)

@Poney70

Thank you :))

Very nice explanation.

And one more clarifying question, If I use the backup and restore the last working version, all the banking apps will work as expected?

If I have Magisk should I do something more?