Need Help Flashing My New Mipad2

s0nny91

Members
Mar 7, 2017
Hi,
I just received my MiPad2, which runs on MIUI Global 8.2.16.0.0.
I would like to upgrade it to the Xiaomi EU Rom. The problem is, that I can't access the Fastboot Mode and so I can't install TWRP.
I'm able to access the stock recovery by using the option "Reboot to Recoverymode" in Update-App and I'm able to access the DMX Fastboot Mode by pressing Vol+, Vol- and Powerbutton for several seconds.

So, what I tried:
1. If I just use "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img", I get the error "FAILED (remote: unknown command)". Think its because Bootloader is locked.
2. I activated my account to unlock my device and have been accepted. I logged into the Mi unlocker tool, but to unlock my pad, I need to enter Bootloader (which is the Fastboot Mode I thnik). I tried it with the DMX Fastboot Mode but that doesn't work.
3. I did this: xiaomi. eu/community/threads/instruction-how-to-fix-buttons-for-entering-fastboot-mode-and-recovery.36000 (remove space between xiaomi. and eu --> Spam Protection)
My pad goes into Fastbootmode and after that the tool says "FAILED (remote: command not allowed in locked state)". So it fails because the Bootloader is still locked, right?
4. I tried to do the steps of point 3 manually and then use the Mi unlocker tool when I'm in Fastbootmode. So I sent "fastboot boot loader.efi" to the pad and it goes in Fastbootmode. Then I sent "fastboot oem unlock" (I don't know why, but it took place in the IFWI.bat so I also did it).
The problem now is, that my PC doesn't detect the Tablet when it's in Fastbootmode. Devicemanager shows an unknown USB Device. I already uninstalled and reinstalled it, but didn't helped. So in this state neither Mi unlocker nor "fastboot devices" does anything.

I don't know how to go on. Could somebody of you help me with my problem?
Tank You and Goodby!

Oh Thanks, this tool is awesome!
It worked directly without any driver issues. Realy great!