Need help on streaming shows

Jun 13, 2013
Hi all, just got my xiaomi box yesterday and did a try, i upgraded it to 1.2.5 and everything works fine. However when i try to stream a show from the list, it just took so long to load, 1hr real time only loads 1min of the show.

Then i did a connection check using the mibox, it states everything is working, but the speedtest shows 0 kb/s almost all the time. I'm connecting wired connection to the mibox with an optic fibre plan of 150 mb/s connection speed (tested for my pc). is iCNTV blocking countries outside china? or if i downgrade the version and root it will help solve the problem? or i should install 3rd party app for movie streaming?

Sorry for the long message,
Thanks and regards.

Apr 22, 2013
I have same problem, 50mbit and nothing works, also 0 kbs connection. It was working fine before i updated to 1.2.5 only minimal lag, but now the streaming is unusable. I think they changed something, hopefully not block but to be honest it looks like a block . :eek:
We need fast vpn to overcome this problem maybe.

Sent from my MI 2S

Update:
After reading through the chinese Xiaomi BBS and users in china also complaining 0Kb/s, i think technical Problem, not Block. :)

Attachments

Apr 22, 2013
Which vpn and server do you use?
I tried hidemyass with servers in Hongkong, Taiwan and the USA and while i could get a better connection i was still unable to watch movies without lagging.
As4134 link from china is over saturated.

Sent from my MI 2S

Jun 5, 2013
I use leafyvpn and connect to Japan/Korean server. Up to 10mb/s. not bad. Its around $10 a month but has tons of server in asia, europe and US. Its good especially for XBMC and Navi-X when u have streaming server all over the world and not all connections are good.

Sep 28, 2013
I use leafyvpn and connect to Japan/Korean server. Up to 10mb/s. not bad. Its around $10 a month but has tons of server in asia, europe and US. Its good especially for XBMC and Navi-X when u have streaming server all over the world and not all connections are good.
show me how to do it on mi box