Netflix App Blocked For Rooted/unlocked Bootloader Devices

Jaime DLH

Members
Aug 31, 2016
You can read all about it on Android Police.

This sucks... I had Netflix installed from before, and the app still works fine... But sure enough, Netflix does not appear on the Play Store listing on my Mi5 (xiaomi.eu Stable 8.2.2.0). I'm not rooted, but of course my bootloader is unlocked to be able to flash xiaomi.eu.

I truly hope other apps don't start doing the same. I wonder if the Global MIUI would work fine (I'm guessing yes, but would like to ask). Also, how much worse is Global Stable when compared to Xiaomi.eu? I know the differences as they're listed on the ROM Downloads page, but as I've never actually tried Global MIUI, would appreciate the opinion from someone who has.

I'm on Global dev, and Netflix still appears on play... And I'm able to run it... My BL is unlocked, rooted... My setup is passing safetynet and my device appears as certified, so that must be it...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I'm on Global dev, and Netflix still appears on play... And I'm able to run it... My BL is unlocked, rooted... My setup is passing safetynet and my device appears as certified, so that must be it...

How do you get your device to pass safetynet? By definition, it shouldn't, being rooted and BL unlocked... Magisk or similar?

How do you get your device to pass safetynet? By definition, it shouldn't, being rooted and BL unlocked... Magisk or similar?
You're right, magisk...
c0afb66f2354c08263c041c3f4fbdbd6.jpg

Thanks, guys... Right now I'm fine with this, but if it comes to that, I'll follow your tips. Best regards,

Hi,
I installed xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.2.2.0.NAACNEB_v8-7.0 and otherwise followed the info on the polish guide mentioned above. First flashed the rom, then magisk and then the patch. now I have Safetynet passed but no root. What did you do to get root and safetynet passed in magisk?

thank you very much

EDIT: after a reboot everything is now as expected..

Last edited:
Use unlocator for things like Hulu / Netflix, simple subscription and works with iOS, Android, TV, etc.

For me, Netflix doesnt show on the Play Store
But I found an alternative, just install the APK and it works normally, at least for me

For me, Netflix doesnt show on the Play Store
But I found an alternative, just install the APK and it works normally, at least for me
Yep. For now, that seems to be working OK. Hope Netflix doesn't place SafetyNet restrictions within the APK itself, not just on the Play Store listing...