Netflix Hd On Mi Box Or Mi Box Mini

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by noblex, Mar 29, 2016.

1. noblex

noblexMembers

Mar 29, 2016
    Male
    Hello, I'm a fan of Xiaomi and I would like to get a new TV box to watch netflix in full HD on my TV.

Does the MI Box Mini (which I really like for the minimal design) support it?

If not, does the standard "big" version support it?

I'm not talking on the Netflix app itself which I already read is supported, I'm talking about the max resolution allowed!

Thanks!

m.morcielago likes this.
  2. Emmanuel Guarda

May 26, 2016
    Male
    Idk if its late or not, but tonight I try the app and tell you

Enviado desde mi LG-D851 mediante Tapatalk

3. Emmanuel Guarda

May 26, 2016
    Male
    Well, I have no way to know thr resolution thats playing, but in a 32 inch fullhd looks really great

4. noblex

noblexMembers

Mar 29, 2016
    Male
    It's not too late :D

5. noblex

noblexMembers

Mar 29, 2016
    Male
    If you wanna see the resolution, search "short" under American network (maybe via VPN) and you'll find a bunch of sample videos with resolution watermark

6. Emmanuel Guarda

May 26, 2016
    Male
    No hd, 480p, my phone is able, but xiaomi not

7. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    None of the Chinese phone or tablet based android TV boxes are allowed by Netflix to show HD content except for Wetek. Netflix has a very narrowly defined set of devices that can run their content in HD. Its on their site.
    The only other boxes associated with google's android are boxes like Nvidia Shield which have a specific version of AndroidTV.
    If you really need HD Netflix, get a new Roku stick or Roku 3 or 4. Also may consider one of the intel based Windows 10 minipcs that are flooding the market.
    Please note, you MUST upgrade your Netflix subscription to a tier that outputs HD on the appropriate device.

Share Our Site